SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do you like for low/lowest profile Red Dot mounts for a flattop rail?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you like for low/lowest profile Red Dot mounts for a flattop rail? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
I'd like one that just sits down on the rail, sort of like an RMR pistol or a smaller EOTech style, low profile.

What's worth looking at, besides and maybe smaller than an actual EOTech?

Some little Trijicon, maybe?

I have a handful of different optics now, but none low profile and I'd like to switch a few up...

Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I really like my Holosun 510C-GR which I'm using on my competition PCC. Uses the same style reticle as the EOTech

You can only go so low on a flattop because of the straight line comb

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
510C's are fantastic optics. If you want a great optic with a closed emitter, look at the 512C.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That comparison photo is great, thank you.

The Holosun is a good suggestion, I'll look hard at those.

posted Hide Post
When I, someday, get my railed gas tube for my preban Action Arms Galil, I'm looking most closely at an SRO. But great comparison picture, I might need to look into the Sig Sauer Romeo 3XL as well.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
One of the ones I'm looking to replace is a Holosun 503 on a tall mount. The optic works fine enough, it's just too tall and snaggy for me on some PCCs and AR Pistols.

That's cool that there are PCC competitions now, makes sense, but I didn't realize it was already so popular. Some of the courses themselves are great nowadays.

I just saw a few recent videos on YouTube. They're creative with the windows and obstacles and targets, I hadn't looked at any competition footage in a while.

The competition part doesn't interest me but I do want to go shoot on some of those courses.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
One of the ones I'm looking to replace is a Holosun 503 on a tall mount. The optic works fine enough, it's just too tall and snaggy for me on some PCCs and AR Pistols.

Your 503 has the same footprint as an Aimpoint T1/T2, so there are all kind of mounting options available. Take a look at the American Defense Manufacturing (ADM) QD low T1/T2 mounts.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

https://www.admmfg.com/aimpoint-micro-t1-mount

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Your 503 has the same footprint as an Aimpoint T1/T2, so there are all kind of mounting options available. Take a look at the American Defense Manufacturing (ADM) QD low T1/T2 mounts.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

https://www.admmfg.com/aimpoint-micro-t1-mount

Oh that's funny, totally missed that, but very good to know. Thank you much...

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

The 510C is a great replacement for the 503. Sits low on the gun and much easier for the eye to pickup

quote:
That's cool that there are PCC competitions now, makes sense, but I didn't realize it was already so popular. Some of the courses themselves are great nowadays.

I just saw a few recent videos on YouTube. They're creative with the windows and obstacles and targets, I hadn't looked at any competition footage in a while.

The competition part doesn't interest me but I do want to go shoot on some of those courses.

I friend of mine use took Distinguished Master at the IDPA National Championship in PCC. Pretty interesting as to how fast a handgun CoF can be shot with a PCC.

USPSA CoF are speedburners for PCC. Any bobble in reliability will wreck your whole match...but the movement skills to make the shots are highly instructive

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's pretty impressive (Distinguished Master). Right on.

I like the idea and practice of running an actual self defense gun hard and often, and these events offer so much more variety than simply standing still at a normal range, hell, the movement alone, you know.

Anyway, I get normal range time and random outdoor range time plenty, but very little extra beyond a few steel plates in a few spots. These courses and obstacles in the competitions are probably pretty fun, more fun than standing still, at least.

I can do a little bit of shooting on the move in the mountains, in one spot, but I have new neighbors now, closer in one direction, so I'm shooting over there less often, well, less often enough to not build a real course of my own over there. I'm not going for that Training Camp aesthetic on my property, either, thank you very much, so I guess I'll look at the local competitions now. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,