SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    BCM RECCE-16 MCMR LW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BCM RECCE-16 MCMR LW Login/Join 
Picture of Blackwater
posted
Went to my safe space today. ie where the bodies are... Big Grin

and shot my new BCM RECCE-16. I picked it up at my local crack dealer. Funny thing is, I've been looking at the BCM for the past month or so and never expected to actually see the BCM hanging on the wall. Although he does have good inventory, I only go there about once a month to avoid getting into trouble.

I asked to see the BCM and out from the back room came a DD MK18 pistol, DDV4, Noveski and he winked and said he's got 6 more BCMs in the back. Wink I resisted temptation and said, thanks this BCM is the one I've been eyeballing.

Put about 80 rounds through after signing in the MRO and ran some drills with the rifle and SW MP2.0 Compact w/3.6" barrel. I've order some BUIS and a quick detach mount for the MRO after I got home with the rifle yesterday.

Gun is super lite @ 5.8 lbs without optic. It ran flawlessly with a cleaning before heading out and lube with Slip 2000. Build quality is very good, trigger is the Boron coated mil spec so it breaks cleanly, above average feel but nothing special. I'm quite impressed with the rifle and the muzzle brake words very well for staying on target.

Group is 55gr Fed ball @ 25yds off-hand standing with the MRO.(Target square are .5")

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new BCM!

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Almost exactly like my BCM setup, except mine is a 14.5 with a permanent muzzle device and I added a Geissele trigger.

One of my two go-to ARs for "bad things". Never a failure yet.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Almost exactly like my BCM setup, except mine is a 14.5 with a permanent muzzle device and I added a Geissele trigger.

Can I ask which Geissele trigger you've installed? I'm familiar with them, but I wouldn't say educated .

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
My "go to's" are also BCM or a BCM/hybrid. Most of mine have a Gieselle SD-C (Super Dynamic Combat) with the straight trigger bow but any Gieselle trigger set up will be a vast improvement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Delta-3,

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Can I ask which Geissele trigger you've installed? I'm familiar with them, but I wouldn't say educated .

The SD-C trigger. Good weight, shoots fast. I find that I prefer the flat bow to a standard curved bow that's on all my other AR triggers.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’d be cheating yourself if you didn’t look into the LaRue triggers. Deal of the century.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
You’d be cheating yourself if you didn’t look into the LaRue triggers. Deal of the century.

Thanks! I used to live by Larue in Texas, didn't know they were doing triggers. Looks great and I like that they come with light/heavy pull weights.

Joe

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
The price of the Larue MBT2s just went up from around $95.00 to $118.00, but still the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Nice rifle!

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post