SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Henry 22M?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry 22M? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
I had breakfast with a good friend today who reminded me that I don't have a .22 Magnum anymore. So we started talking about it, and what's available in that caliber.

Somewhere along the line, Henry was mentioned. I've never had a Henry rifle, though I've looked at a few.

Surfing this evening, Henry's H001TMSPR comes up. (Link)

Anyone got thoughts about or experience with this model?

Thanks, SF.

God bless America.

Posts: 13413 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You could feed the neighborhood with that rifle! When you get it, shoot it a lot and be confident in what you're doing ...

(I know, Florida Man used a Winchester, but still ...) Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience with that specific model but my Dad has a Golden Boy that shoots like a dream.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I have a Henry Mare's Leg in .22 mag. Love it! Very smooth action that's just begging to be turned into an SBR.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2539 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
You'll be most pleased with that rifle. Finding one available could be a challenge but, if you do, I'd snatch it up. I have many Henrys and love about all.

My .22mag is the pump gun and it's likely the one Henry I'm not a fan of. The pump is short, clunky and takes some effort. Not smooth at all like the lever guns.

The threaded barrel .22 lever offerings are about the best thing going if you put a suppressor on it. Quiet, accurate, lots of rounds....

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
I have a Henry Mare's Leg in .22 mag. Love it! Very smooth action that's just begging to be turned into an SBR.

Omgosh! That's a heck of a cool idea!

God bless America.

Posts: 13413 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post