SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A case for the general-purpose carbine, and challenging the sighting paradigm.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A case for the general-purpose carbine, and challenging the sighting paradigm. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Same outfit or bought out?

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn’t GDI have poor return to zero performance?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2357 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I performed a brief RTZ assessment yesterday. Procedure was: In keeping with a 10rd theme, and using a target with five 2MOA dots, from 100M; I fired six shots at the first dot, to establish a baseline of sorts, and then removed an installed the optic before each of the remaining shots (one per each remaining dot). I hadn't shot in over a week; my first shot hit about an inch and a half high, relative to the rest of the baseline group. Considering I have made this mistake more than a few times in the past, I felt confident discounting that shot, for the purposes of this "test". That being said, the results showed only minimal shift in zero; as in almost all the shots fired after removing/installing fell into the same boundaries of maximum dispersion established by the first group, with the exception of one that was ~1/2" low. I intend to repeat the same test from 300M, in hopes that any shift will be more identifiable; I also hope to create a baseline group with no errors.

Posts: 2473 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I performed the same procedure from 300M. The results were similar. The first six shots created a 2MOA group, which is typical for me and my gun. Three of the four off/on shots fell within the dispersion boundaries dictated by that first group; the fourth shot was beneath the boundary by about three inches. The next morning, out of curiosity, I fired two rounds at 100M; they landed about one inch apart, 1/2" away from my point of aim. So, that last shot from 300M was my fault. Considering how many "my faults" I am capable of producing, of course it's possible that any of the shots that don't imply a shift are actually shots I "threw in" to the boundaries established by the original group. Given the overall results of the test from both distances, I am confident that this ADM mount returns to zero well enough for my purposes, for now. It seems to have no shift that is noticeable/measurable, given the accuracy potential of the rifle and man being employed in the testing.

Posts: 2473 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a riser for the Eotech, with an ADM base. I still intend to upgrade the scope mount to Spuhr, when that kind of a chunk of funds frees itself up, but I am happy to have ADM on both optics for now, considering the apparent repeatability in my off/on with the scope.