SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kahles K16i or Razor Gen 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles K16i or Razor Gen 2 Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
From everything I am reading the Kahles is superior.

Is it 400-500$ more superior?

I'm gonna put it on an 18" AR.

Is the answer as simple as, either will serve you for many years?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I think the Kahles 1-6 is the LPVO in which others should be judged. That being said, after looking through all the other 1-6 scopes in that class, it was hard to justify the price, especially since I was in the market for 3 scopes.

Yes, its superior,subjectively speaking, limited gains for the money though.

Yes, both will serve you well.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not even a contest. The only reason you are asking is because you've never looked through a K16i.

Every product in this world which is worth owning gets screwed with or discontinued eventually. Get a K16i while you can, or you will come to regret it.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
From everything I am reading the Kahles is superior.

Is it 400-500$ more superior?

If you are looking at the original Vortex Gen 2 1-6x, then the Kahles is definitely a better optic. If you're looking at the new Vortex Gen 2-E, then it isn't so clear cut.

I recommend your looking through both scopes live, prior to laying down so much money. Reticles also matter.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Kahles is king

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No contest the k16i has better glass. I love mine. It’s better glass than all options of the Vortex Razor HD, including the HD2e. That said, the Kahles is definitely a bit more fragile than the Razor and the Razor has better illumination, albeit with not as good glass and much heavier. Everything is a compromise, there is no perfect, so don’t overthink it. Just choose one, you really can’t go wrong with either.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is zero contest in 1X clarity. No even remotely close and in addition the Khales with a Scalarworks mount comes in under 22 ounces.
With all that established, the 1-10
Razor is nice. The 1-6 is also nice. The TR24 & 25 are also decent enough on 1X and relatively lite weight. The Swarovski 1-6 is exactly the same as it’s Khales cousin but has an excellent illuminated dot.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would take a Swaro 1-8 X 24 way before a Kahles. In addition the red dot on the Swaro is much better.

I have the Swaro and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No doubt, the Swarovski is in the same class as the Kahles, since Swarovski owns Kahles and has for quite a long time now.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Is eurooptic good to go for purchases?

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Is eurooptic good to go for purchases?

Eurooptic is a great vendor. Deal with confidence. I’ve had several very positive experiences buying from them recently.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let me tell you a story about Eurooptic...

A few years back, I bought from them a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x, specifically, the RS24-C-1900006. I liked it so much, I decided less than two weeks later to order another one. In the interim, they had raised the price by ten or fifteen dollars. I called them up and said I wanted to order another, and since I had just bought one, I asked if they would honor the price I paid for the first one. Given the brief interval between purchases, I don't think my request was unreasonable in the least, especially considering we're talking about pocket change.

They could have said, sorry, no. I would have still made the purchase. They said sure, we'll let you have another one for the old price.

Great. The scope gets to me and it is obvious it had been returned to them by someone else. The plastic bag with the manual and battery had been torn open and the battery was installed in the scope, which is not how the first one I ordered came. Soon, I discovered the problem. The elevation turret was a bit off. The clicks were stopping between graduation marks, not on the marks. I called them up and the guy denied they had sent me a returned item.

Bull

Shit

He couldn't explain how the battery had gotten installed and he said the scope wasn't a demo. Trijicon shipped those scopes with no battery installed, and in order to install it, you have to tear open a sealed plastic bag. He expressed surprise that the elevation turret was wonky. WHAT a coincidence, huh? Those two things, taken together? WHAT a coincidence. I didn't just fall off the hay truck.

I had to return the return and they shipped me a new one- an ACTUAL new scope.

All of that over ten or fifteen bucks. You can take it for what it's worth, but that was shitty and sleazy on their part. They couldn't even own up to the obvious. They might have a great reputation, but that was some low-rent flea market bullshit they tried to pull. I'm noone special. If they'll do it to me, they'll do it to you. I was a repeat customer, for God's sake, and in less than two weeks at that, and that's how they treated me. Caveat Emptor.

They deal in optics going for thousands of dollars, and they act that way over a freakin' sawbuck. Never again.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
If you have the means, spend the extra for Kahles.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Euro optic is great.

"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I prefer the brands that have been around for a few cycles. If they have not farmed out their products or a subset of products to a sub vendor/contract factory then go with the brands known for quality.

If you can avoid skimping on glass do it.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Went SM1 reticle with the Kahles, gonna switch it up and put it on the 12.5 Noveske.

I think I'll pick up a Razor for the 18".

Need to pick a quality mount, came with the Unity Fast mount but I think I can do better.

posted Hide Post
Scalarworks is what you seek
Spurh if if you don’t mind the weight but want to complete the random silent Prussian H

posted Hide Post
Scalarworks’ clamping force is nonexistent. I would not own one of their mounts. That dinky thumb wheel without any means to truly tighten is an odd design in an optic mount. I will stick with Nightforce, Geissele, Spuhr, Badger, Unity, and (for Aimpoint micros) Arisaka Defense for mounts.

My k16i is in a Geissele 2.04 mount and I love it. My ATACR 1-8 is in a Geissele SR25 cantilever mount, but will be getting swapped into a NF 1.93 soon.

posted Hide Post
Can’t go wrong with the Geissele sopmod. The Arms stuff is battle proven. The Knight’s mount is all that!
I must have got lucky with my Scalarworks Khales combo. It never loses zero and I hump it through a lot of mesquite hunting hogs.