SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mini 14 on the way
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 14 on the way Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I had several before giving up on them because they cost about the same as a AR, without the accuracy.
However a couple years ago I came across one with 16” barrel & aftermarket folding stock and decided to get it simply because it was a good companion to my 10-22 and the grandkids would get a bang shooting a gun like grandpa’s (I’ve also got a similar matching set of SiG P556 & P522’s and AR’s) we take them out and tell the kids that when they get bigger they can shoot the big one Wink

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I like the Mini-14 a lot. It’s a blast to shoot. The AR is a superior rifle is virtually every way but sometimes I like to shoot for fun.

I’ve never really understood the hang up on mag prices. The mini-14 is the only gun people seem to care about the subject. Nobody jumps into threads about a Sig and mentions the $40+ mag prices. Other than aftermarket mags virtually every firearms magazine is $30 or more, with Glock being the notable exception.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The expectation is people think since most Ruger guns generally cost less than guns from say, Sig, that the mags should be cheaper too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The expectation is people think since most Ruger guns generally cost less than guns from say, Sig, that the mags should be cheaper too.

In almost every circumstance they are.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Hey, if the "A-Team" liked it, what's not to like? Big Grin

The A-Team cast's shooting was a perfect showcase of the Mini 14's accuracy.

LOL! Well, the A-Team did at least manage to shoot down a helicopter or two with their mini's - no one got hurt though! Just a bad headache... Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Hey, if the "A-Team" liked it, what's not to like? Big Grin

The A-Team cast's shooting was a perfect showcase of the Mini 14's accuracy.

Hah! Lost track of the number of times I commented on their inability to hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing inside. Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered if the producers specified the Mini because of its accuracy issues. The original A-Team series was made during a time when violence on TV was a big hot button, and shows had to comply with strict guidelines from the censors. They could never show someone actually being shot or killed, so the order of the day was spray and pray. The minute-of-helicopter performance of the Mini-14 (or more precisely the select-fire AC-556) made it the perfect platform.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I like the mini-14, first center fire I ever shot. I can blame it for why I always considered myself a lousy rifleman though. Honestly couldn’t hit shit with it. Tikka relieved me of that guilt.

Fondled one for quite a bit a year ago, trying to talk myself into it. Came back with cash in hand and she was gone.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post