SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Building AR-10 20-22" upper 6.5 creedmore or 277 Fury ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building AR-10 20-22" upper 6.5 creedmore or 277 Fury ? Login/Join 
posted
This upper is an addition to my 16" 308 upper. Use is target, 300yd +

Is the 277 Fury just too new for barrels to exist or decent ammo ?.

6.5 Creedmoor seems very available these days.

And I remember that the 6.8spc had growing pains, might be the same with the 277 fury.

BTW Who do we like for AR-10 handguard/rail systems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnO,

Posts: 344 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got into the Creedmoor when it was still pretty new, the only reason I did is because I could load/reload for it and there was load data available.
If I were to get into the 277 Fury, I’d do the same because even if it were to fail I could still load my own.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have answered my own question

6.5 Creedmoor is readily available

277 Fury Ammo seems extremely limited

First listing on SIG's website (unavailable) was at $80 for a box of 20...

SIG also listed FMJ 130gr for mid 30's a box with normal Brass

The killer... Can't find any listing on 277 reloading dies

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnO,

Posts: 344 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not all 277 Fury cases have the steel heads, as I recall (and am disinclined to check myself). The all brass cases should be as reloadable as any others—no?

And not that we must have reasons for why we choose a particular cartridge, but it seems to me there is a significant difference between the Fury and the Creedmoor. If I were making a decision between the two I’d first think about what I intended to do with one or the other. The 6.5 Creedmoor doesn’t come with a sprinkling of magic fairy dust on either the cartridges or the rifles chambered for it, but it does do some things very well. The Fury is pretty much an unknown at present except for being a more powerful round if that’s necessary.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post