SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Maxim Defense question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maxim Defense question Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
I am considering one of the PDX models in 5.56 with the 5" barrel. If you have one please tell me your thoughts. Or tell me what you like for a rifle caliber truck gun.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have one in 5.56 in FDE, but I bought the kit and put it on an Aero FDE billet lower so I could use an existing lower and have the kit shipped to my house.

It’s loud. Very, very, very loud.

That being said, I love it.

I also went to Home Depot and picked up a Rigid hard tool case, and then (online) the custom foam inserts for it. Then I dragged the case behind a golf cart at our family’s dairy farm and slapped a label on it that says, “SEPTIC AUGER”.

When we travel around the state I toss that in the back of my car or van. It’s got 5 20rnd mags in with it and a sling. I mounted an Eotech FDE XPS3 and mbus on it.

It’s 18.5” collapsed and has one purpose: To get me/us out of a jam should the need arise, and hopefully deafen anyone on the loud side of the hate-brake.

Of course, I did all of this work when the BLM dipshits were taking to blocking roads and dragging people out of vehicles………

I’ll email you a few pics.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I have one in 5.56 in FDE, but I bought the kit and put it on an Aero FDE billet lower so I could use an existing lower and have the kit shipped to my house.

It’s loud. Very, very, very loud.

That being said, I love it.

I also went to Home Depot and picked up a Rigid hard tool case, and then (online) the custom foam inserts for it. Then I dragged the case behind a golf cart at our family’s dairy farm and slapped a label on it that says, “SEPTIC AUGER”.

When we travel around the state I toss that in the back of my car or van. It’s got 5 20rnd mags in with it and a sling. I mounted an Eotech FDE XPS3 and mbus on it.

It’s 18.5” collapsed and has one purpose: To get me/us out of a jam should the need arise, and hopefully deafen anyone on the loud side of the hate-brake.

Of course, I did all of this work when the BLM dipshits were taking to blocking roads and dragging people out of vehicles………

I’ll email you a few pics.

Any chance you have the info on who you had cut the custom foam?

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have them in 5.56 and 7.62x39. Since mine are SBRs, I didn't consider them for truck guns left unattended. I assembled another AR in .300 BLK with a Maxim pistol lower for a travel gun since it was not an NFA item, and could be carried under the protection of my CHL.

Not quite as small, but everything done on the cheap.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post