SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Took out most of my long gun collection to take a picture...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took out most of my long gun collection to take a picture... Login/Join 
Picture of swiss_seth
posted
I don't like to come off as braggadocious but I love taking out my guns and putting them all together. Took me years to put together this bunch, probably over a decade to get each detail just right.

All semi-auto, some NFA SBR's but all fun.

My obsession lies with guns in movies. So a Die Hard MP5 SBR is there as well as a AR that is modeled after the rifle on the movie poster for Black Hawk Down or matching the era U.S. troops first entered Iraq in 2003.

Now that I think about it the others are just cool factor for me. No optics or gizmos, just irons and oiled up ready to go.

How can you not love the AR lol

And if Putin launches nukes looks like I will be arming my friends and family in the local area in a futile attempt to survive the aftermath.

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got all the cool classics. I really want an MP5

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Nice. I can appreciate someone following through on their obsession regarding movie themes.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Nice. I can appreciate someone following through on their obsession regarding movie themes.

Yeah! I just remembered the MP5K-PDW was from a Mission Impossible scene where Tom Cruise clears a warehouse with one. Great scene!!

Obviously the M1A from Full Metal Jacket and Forrest Gump - although I hate the bathroom scene from FMJ with the Gunny getting shot. D'Onofrio really nailed psycho in that moment. yuck...

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My M1a looks just like yours too, only I used a surplus Aug sling that I picked up at aim for 3 bucks. Looks close enough, eventually I’m gonna make mine look like the black hawk down rifle only with a scope instead of aimpoint

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm pretty much stymied. My favourite movie is 'The Guns of Navarone'.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Nice collection!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
all semi-auto

is that lever gun a semi auto?? Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
LOL!!! you're right I am so used to semi-auto's I forgot about it.

Thats technically my wifes. Her grandpas hunting rifle he left to her. Winchester at that time made one hell of a lever gun circa 1950ish. Beautifully milled out steel 30-30.

If the SHTF that will one of two rifles on my short list.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Cool collection!
Some of them aren't so "long". Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet collection Bro!

I recommend to get an HK 91 with a drum in 308 flavor. You can watch it the movie "HEAT" with Robert Deniro and Al Pachino?
...Got to love the LA bank robbery shootout!

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 514 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love those HK SBR guns.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kobra:

I recommend to get an HK 91 with a drum in 308 flavor. You can watch it the movie "HEAT" with Robert Deniro and Al Pachino?

that was the best shootout scene I have ever scene. the sound editing on that was outstanding.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swiss_seth:
quote:
Originally posted by kobra:

that was the best shootout scene I have ever scene. the sound editing on that was outstanding.

LOL... How 'bout some FN M249 SAW belt-feed action like in the Movie " Den of Thieves" ...Add that to your collection!

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 514 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Great start, but there's a LOT of movies!

The Die Hard AUG ...

Definitely need a Tommy Gun from Rat Patrol and about all the war shows from the 60's ...

Its so easy to spend other peoples money!

Don't forget the handguns!

Dirty Harry 44 Mag

Terminator AMT Long Slide Hard baller with laser ... and his Rail Gun(?) in the 40 watt range

Matrix Desert Eagle

Where does it stop!!!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to do a guns of the movie Heat collection!

From memory you would need:
P220 - Deniro's character
HK 91 - Drive in Val Kilmer
M3 S90 - Drive in Tom Sizemore
M16 shorty/Galil/FNC - Bank shoot out
FN FAL - Brinks truck double tap

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swiss_seth:
My obsession lies with guns in movies.

You’re not alone, nice firepower!

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
That’s a great start! But you lack an AK or krink…….

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Nice starter kit! May they breed and provide you with many more....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post