SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Midway selling batch of M1s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway selling batch of M1s Login/Join 
posted
I tend not to just buy guns because they are interesting or for a collection. But all the WWII M1 threads are tempting me to get one. Or two. Anyway Midway has a large batch in various grades that have been sitting in storage in Italy for many years that they are offering this Tuesday starting at 8 am central time. Prices seem very high, from $1100 to $2000 or so but I am not really up on current market prices. Magazines sold separately.

Despite concerns about the pricing I am thinking about it. Hard. It would not be for investment purposes, I just think they are cool. Thoughts on the offering, prices, particular manufacturers preferred, condition?

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about a carbine for years.

Must...resist...

https://www.midwayusa.com/us-m...-surplus-m1-carbines

Price start at $1199:

https://www.midwayusa.com/mili...us-guns/br?cid=24008

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just spotted that listing a few minutes ago. With them coming back from Italy they should be in pretty good condition (unlike many of the more recent batches). They'll sell like hot cakes.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I was looking at them for a few years. I ended up getting a ‘Universal’ carbine recreation. It may not be a ‘real’ M1 Carbine, but it looks like one, is minty, & cost $600. It’s a mid production serial number, works fine.

That’s enough for me, I’m not even thinking it’s all that useful of a round. It is a light, handy gun, like a Ruger 10/22 with a larger round.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I was looking at them for a few years. I ended up getting a ‘Universal’ carbine recreation. It may not be a ‘real’ M1 Carbine, but it looks like one, is minty, & cost $600...

Does Universal still make them?

Auto-Ordnance does:

https://www.auto-ordnance.com/...ordnance-m1-carbine/

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I show Universal making them from 1961-1986 or so, 400k+ of them.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html

Again, just enough to satisfy my itch with the gun.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Brownells has brand new in the paper wrapper, surplus WW2 magazines if anyone is looking...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Good lord the cheap ones weren't even available.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of the time of this post, looks like they still have some Inland carbines available. The rest are gone.

posted Hide Post
Gone

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, everything sold by 10:55 a.m.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If these were given to Italy as Foreign Military Aid I wonder why the CMP didn’t get first crack at them.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I don't own a M1 carbine and may never get one at those prices.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to get a fair to good Winchester. I ordered right when they became available.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was able to get a fair to good Winchester. I ordered right when they became available.

Me as well. Scored a "good to very good". These things aren't getting any cheaper and I'll be glad to add to the collection.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I thought about it, kind of wanted to get another, but hubby said nope. Lol. Prices a bit higher than what I wanted to spend, had seen nice ones for around 1k to 1300. And they were nice shape. Don’t need another one, but would be nice to have a different manufacturer just to collect. I do prefer to see them in person before buying. Hope everybody that managed to get one is happy with them.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I've been thinking about a carbine for years.

Must...resist...

https://www.midwayusa.com/us-m...-surplus-m1-carbines

Price start at $1199:

https://www.midwayusa.com/mili...us-guns/br?cid=24008

Sold Out.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now that I have a M1. I need a screw and front sling mount (barrel band is in place). I have sources for magazines, but I would like a sling, oiler, and mag pouch. Who are your go to places for these items.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I was watching for these, and naturally they released them while I was on vacation and away from the internet. I would have been sorely tempted to snag one for $1100, which is still way too high, so it's probably good that they were all gone by the time I got back.

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
So now that I have a M1. I need a screw and front sling mount (barrel band is in place). I have sources for magazines, but I would like a sling, oiler, and mag pouch. Who are your go to places for these items.

Local gun shows were my good to source. Always an adventure to see who had what, etc. That said; a few firms selling parts, accessories, books are listed on the CMP's page. Fulton Armory is about 50 miles from me; been there once years ago. They could be a starting point.

https://www.fulton-armory.com/...ine-Accessories.aspx