SIGforum
Need help with Ar Furniture

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5190018254

January 30, 2019, 08:56 PM
Timdogg6
Need help with Ar Furniture
I need to put together a shopping list for a friend as I am slammed at work and he knows nothing. I haven't been AR shopping in 3 years so I don't know the best places to go right now.

He has this gun

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II AR-15,

I need a
Desert Tan, Forearm, thinking of MLock for that

Need a pistol grip that is cooler than average, desert tan

Need a stock, you guessed it desert tan. Not sure what size for this.

Then I need a laser light combo for the mlock forearm

We do have an optic picker out so we are goog there with the co-witness at lower 1/3.

Thank you all!!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz
January 31, 2019, 11:31 AM
patw
What is your budget? Magpul, of course, has some cool stocks to start with. I had a Troy Alpha rail,( I know Troy ), but that is what it came with when I bought a used S&W M&P15 and actually really liked it. It is a free float rail so of course you need to change the front sight/base but there are some good deals on those at Midway right now. There are a ton of different grips out there but the Magpuls are very comfortable to hold, especially the rubber coated ones. Charging handles are another option,especially the ambis. I have a couple BCM charging handles on mine and they can be had for around $40.00 in a few spots. If you are wanting something crazy for a front vertical grip, there are some that have spiked brass/aluminum knuckles but how that would work out at the range is anyone's guess. Made by Survival grips. They are pricey at $70.00 and the knuckles can be removed from the grip itself. It all depends on how much you have to play with.
January 31, 2019, 07:51 PM
vthoky
Hogue OverMolded stock, maybe?

God bless America.
January 31, 2019, 11:13 PM
bionic218
quote:
Need a pistol grip that is cooler than average, desert tan
Need a stock, you guessed it desert tan. Not sure what size for this.

I personally like the "+" series of Magpul grips. They have the size/shape of the regular Magpul grips, but are a rubbery texture that really sticks in the hand. I think mine are the K2+, but the MOE+ is another good option.

On the stock, Magpul has a winner with the "SL" line. The SL-K if you like compactness, but I chose the regular SL model for the built in QD point, even though it's slightly bigger. Your friend's rifle has a mil-spec tube (for sizing).

On handguards, the world is your oyster, and I don't have enough experience with them to know what's bad. I've bought Midwest Industries, and I can say they make a good product - but likely a dozen other companies do too.

Best of luck with your upgrades. FYI, not everyone's FDE is the same, so if you mix and match brands, you may get a couple different colors on the gun. Bothers some people, but others don't care. Just a heads up.
February 01, 2019, 11:08 AM
Timdogg6
Thanks for the help guys.
I think I will go all magpul to keep color the same.
Bionic thanks for the heads up on tube size, I was really hung up on that.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz
February 01, 2019, 05:58 PM
Rustpot
My favorite all-purpose stock is the Magpul CTR. It adds a built-in QD socket and the friction lock to keep it tight over the MOE. It used to sell for a lot more, they've lowered it quite a bit in the last few years. If he wants a bigger stock with a bigger cheek rest I'd go with the STR, I'm not a fan of the ACS and ACS-L.

I like the BCM Mod3 grip. It's very comfortable, effective, not too flashy. If you're sticking to Magpul I like the MOE(+), SL, or K for a smaller grip.

For handguards it's tough to beat the MOE set. I have a set of the SL and I never really warmed up to them. They're slimmer and shroud the front sight post a bit to help give you a touch more length to grasp, I just personally never liked them over the standard MOE set.

I'd also add a front grip of some kind. I'm quite fond of them, most of my guns have a hand stop, finger stop, angled grip, or vertical grip out front. Magpul makes a few different flavors and has handstops, angled grips (AFG), and vertical grip (MVG) available in MLOK format to attach to the bottom of the handguard.
February 01, 2019, 07:26 PM
SSAreGreat
Magpul CTR for the stock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!