SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need help with Ar Furniture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Ar Furniture Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
I need to put together a shopping list for a friend as I am slammed at work and he knows nothing. I haven't been AR shopping in 3 years so I don't know the best places to go right now.

He has this gun

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II AR-15,

I need a
Desert Tan, Forearm, thinking of MLock for that

Need a pistol grip that is cooler than average, desert tan

Need a stock, you guessed it desert tan. Not sure what size for this.

Then I need a laser light combo for the mlock forearm

We do have an optic picker out so we are goog there with the co-witness at lower 1/3.

Thank you all!!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is your budget? Magpul, of course, has some cool stocks to start with. I had a Troy Alpha rail,( I know Troy ), but that is what it came with when I bought a used S&W M&P15 and actually really liked it. It is a free float rail so of course you need to change the front sight/base but there are some good deals on those at Midway right now. There are a ton of different grips out there but the Magpuls are very comfortable to hold, especially the rubber coated ones. Charging handles are another option,especially the ambis. I have a couple BCM charging handles on mine and they can be had for around $40.00 in a few spots. If you are wanting something crazy for a front vertical grip, there are some that have spiked brass/aluminum knuckles but how that would work out at the range is anyone's guess. Made by Survival grips. They are pricey at $70.00 and the knuckles can be removed from the grip itself. It all depends on how much you have to play with.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hogue OverMolded stock, maybe?

God bless America.

Posts: 13512 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need a pistol grip that is cooler than average, desert tan
Need a stock, you guessed it desert tan. Not sure what size for this.

I personally like the "+" series of Magpul grips. They have the size/shape of the regular Magpul grips, but are a rubbery texture that really sticks in the hand. I think mine are the K2+, but the MOE+ is another good option.

On the stock, Magpul has a winner with the "SL" line. The SL-K if you like compactness, but I chose the regular SL model for the built in QD point, even though it's slightly bigger. Your friend's rifle has a mil-spec tube (for sizing).

On handguards, the world is your oyster, and I don't have enough experience with them to know what's bad. I've bought Midwest Industries, and I can say they make a good product - but likely a dozen other companies do too.

Best of luck with your upgrades. FYI, not everyone's FDE is the same, so if you mix and match brands, you may get a couple different colors on the gun. Bothers some people, but others don't care. Just a heads up.

Posts: 10759 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys.
I think I will go all magpul to keep color the same.
Bionic thanks for the heads up on tube size, I was really hung up on that.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
My favorite all-purpose stock is the Magpul CTR. It adds a built-in QD socket and the friction lock to keep it tight over the MOE. It used to sell for a lot more, they've lowered it quite a bit in the last few years. If he wants a bigger stock with a bigger cheek rest I'd go with the STR, I'm not a fan of the ACS and ACS-L.

I like the BCM Mod3 grip. It's very comfortable, effective, not too flashy. If you're sticking to Magpul I like the MOE(+), SL, or K for a smaller grip.

For handguards it's tough to beat the MOE set. I have a set of the SL and I never really warmed up to them. They're slimmer and shroud the front sight post a bit to help give you a touch more length to grasp, I just personally never liked them over the standard MOE set.

I'd also add a front grip of some kind. I'm quite fond of them, most of my guns have a hand stop, finger stop, angled grip, or vertical grip out front. Magpul makes a few different flavors and has handstops, angled grips (AFG), and vertical grip (MVG) available in MLOK format to attach to the bottom of the handguard.

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul CTR for the stock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post