SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    NFA Compliant, finally.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA Compliant, finally. Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I’d been given advice from a number of sources saying I didn’t or did need to get the SBR lower engraved.
Finally with the help of a couple members here & a friend that has his 07/02 FFL I was set on the right track.

Found there was a laser engraving shop close enough to me that specializes in NFA engraving.
Made an appointment (while you wait) 15 minutes after walking in I’d paid & was on my way.

Thanks to those who reaches out & got me right.

Video I put up on my YouTube channel
https://youtube.com/shorts/vnB0iOnlAzE?feature=share

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Video is set to "Private" mode.

Which place in Central Ohio did you use? I have a couple lowers I need done as well.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
CNS Engraving in Powell, Ohio.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm real glad that there's an engraving shop that does firearms engraving a relatively short drive away. Also done while I wait. Really takes the hassle out of that step in the Form 1 process and saves a ton of money in shipping.

Glad you also found someone local to you. Good connection to have.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The side of the receiver the only location they do??
Not having another billboard engraved on the side is well worth having it sent off to have it hidden in the trigger area.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
You actually had people tell you that the lower didn't need to be engraved??? Roll Eyes

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
You actually had people tell you that the lower didn't need to be engraved??? Roll Eyes

There is widespread interpretation of the rules that is spread everywhere.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Yep & the guy that told me that has 8 stamps. Eek

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%