SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Advice on purchase of SIG 556R carbine in 7.62 X 39
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on purchase of SIG 556R carbine in 7.62 X 39 Login/Join 
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wingspar:
Windham Weaponry makes an AR in 7.62x39 for around $650 unless the price has gone up in the last few months. I can’t remember if they take standard AK mags or not. Their web site does not say.

I have the WW in that caliber. it's supposed to be as reliable as a Toyota with ASC magazines. I haven't had a chance to get it to the range so no personal experience yet. I can say in general that I am impressed with the quality of WW. I think they make a real nice rifle for the money.

ETA: they don't take AK mags

Actually Windham Weaponry has the MCS which is their Multi Caliber System that does take AK mags. Somewhat more than the $650 version that does not take AK mags.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post