SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 700 Alpha 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Alpha 1 Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

I hope they can re-establish Remington as a top line American gun maker.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Interested to see what makes it different/better.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Interesting it comes standard with a Timney FCU. A good thing considering the safety issues with Remington's own triggers over the years.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Not that I want one, but it is interesting and it seems to me it could be very successful. Although I saw something in another video that it’s intended to be a “hunter’s gun,” it occurred to me that it might appeal to the legions of law enforcement snipers who started with and probably still have old model 700 Remingtons. If there was any hope of that, though, it should be made available with a detachable box magazine (IMO, of course). Perhaps something in the way of alternate bottom metal—?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
According to this article changes include:

• Overall better quality.
  • New smoother operating, single piece fluted bolt.
  • Firing pin assembly now features tool-less disassembly.
  • Sliding extractor that is end-user replaceable.
  • Magazine well is longer, for larger bullets.
  • Larger ejection port.
  • Different scope mounts.
  • Left side external bolt release.
  • Gas bleed-off valves on both sides of the receiver to help if a case should rupture.
  • Faster twist rates for heavier bullets.
  • Redesigned barrel, including an 11-degree target crown and extended thread protector.
  • Timney trigger, AG composite stock, and Obendorf bottom metal.
  • Cerakote finish.

Expected launch date in October.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."
  •  
    Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    They're after my Lucky Charms!
    Picture of IrishWind
    posted Hide Post
    Sounds promising. RemArms needs to make a big break from what Freedom Group fucked up. Redesigning the standard 700 is a good start. I would not be surprised if they do the same with the 870 and 11-87 shotguns too. And here is hoping that as time moves forward they start rolling out other editions of this rifle to satisfy shooters tastes.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
    Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I hope it's better than the crap they've put out for years.

I have an older 700 BDL and 2-1100 shotguns that are wonderful but I haven't bought any Remy firearms in a good while.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Raised Hands Surround Us
    Three Nails To Protect Us
    Picture of Black92LX
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by IrishWind:
    Sounds promising. RemArms needs to make a big break from what Freedom Group fucked up. Redesigning the standard 700 is a good start. I would not be surprised if they do the same with the 870 and 11-87 shotguns too. And here is hoping that as time moves forward they start rolling out other editions of this rifle to satisfy shooters tastes.

The 870s they have started putting out are of absolute superb quality the last few months.
    No need for a redesign in my opinion.

————————————————
    The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
    If we got each other, and that's all we have.
    I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
    You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post