SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR15 Magazines in SIG 556 rifles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR15 Magazines in SIG 556 rifles Login/Join 
Picture of flintsghost
posted
I am considering acquiring a 556. I have a large number of USGI ar15 mags in 20rd (RVN surplus), 30rd with green followers, and HK416 Martime 30 rds. I'd like to know if any of these are known problems in the 556? Thanks for any help.

"Clips" go in women's hair and magazines are used in weapons.

Posts: 1431 | Location: Frostbite Falls | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I have a 556 SBR/ Pistol. Never had a problem with the HK, USGI green followers, 20 round Colt, Pmags or Lancers. Off the top of my head.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very early 556 that I bought in the beginning of Zero’s administration. I don’t recall having any magazine issues with the 556 at all. Most of my mags are PMags, Brownells with the Ranger floor plate, and Army mags from the 80s.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
When I owned a Sig 556, I used aluminum 30rd USGI, Lancer, gen 2 Pmags, and some random steel mags without any issue.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
No issues using USGI (which mine came with), Lancers, and PMags.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I've used GI and PMags without any problems. The only mag I had a problem with was the one supplied by SIG That came with the 556. It quite functioning very shortly after I purchased the 556. Mine was a very early 556 sn 3XXX.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flintsghost
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, I appreciate the info.

"Clips" go in women's hair and magazines are used in weapons.

Posts: 1431 | Location: Frostbite Falls | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samnev:
I've used GI and PMags without any problems. The only mag I had a problem with was the one supplied by SIG That came with the 556. It quite functioning very shortly after I purchased the 556. Mine was a very early 556 sn 3XXX.

x2

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many people here still have their 556s.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I wonder how many people here still have their 556s.

+

Well, there’s a 9 page thread on it that was last updated a week ago.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7380078324

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I still have two. Smile

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post