SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    First New Gun in YEARS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First New Gun in YEARS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice AUG! I hope you'll love it they are excellent rifles.

The AR guys just aren't getting it. Both are fine choices.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I never said I don’t shoot the AR15 or that I don’t like the rifle/carbine. I’ve shot them in most any configurations and still own and shoot 7 and my wife and two daughters each own one per. I’ve shot everything from full autos to semi autos in the military and in competitions. Some were repetitive and unimaginative, some weren’t. The AR15 has its advantages over others and could do better in other areas. We could go tit for tat agreeing and disagreeing over some of those all year long. One quick example is the AUG has a much flower center of gravity and balances better for many different people. As I age and as arthritis eats my body away, I find I value the center of gravity being closer to my body with the AUG though the trigger will never be as light and nice as an AR can be. If you want to shoot nothing but AR15’s and they take care of every application for you and you desire no other rifle/carbine I say awesome, that’s great for you. I’m happy for you. You know, some people buy their first car (mine was a Chevrolet Vega, yes go ahead and rotfl) and that’s all they want to drive the rest of their life. Ok, the Vega isn’t offered anymore. Let’s use a Ford F-150 pickup. Maybe that does everything you want it to do and does it super well. Maybe you buy only Ford F150’s all your life. Maybe though you see a Dodge Charger one day, after years of driving the F150, and decide you always wanted to drive or own one of those so you buy a Dodge Charger and either trade in your F150 or you keep the F150 AND the Charger. Neither is wrong for anyone. Don’t know anyone personally who has drivin the same model car or truck since childhood but I’m sure they exist. Some people only buy Cadillac luxury cars (land yachts) all their lives. Me, I’ve owned and driven PU trucks of and cars and motorcycles and enjoyed and appreciated the differences in each. The variety is refreshing. Hopefully you get the idea. There is not her wrong with or abnormal about someone shooting or driving something different. I get it, you’re an AR guy but there’s nothing to puzzle about other using other methods of getting to the same place. Life and shooting can be an enjoyable experience. Some just go about it a different way than you do. That’s ok. To me, there’s a lot of fun to be had shooting in a competition and seeing someone else shooting something different than everyone else, approaching them and swapping rifles or pistols to make a run in that competition.

This made me think of "One Night in Bangkok" for some reason...

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Technically, I did sell my AR to get this- a Steyr AUG M3 A1 NATO. I'm not regretting it at all.

This thing balances so well and is just a damn cool design. Upgrades include a case deflector, metal sear (HUGE trigger improvement), charging handle, non-rotating QD sling swivel, 3-prong flash hider, Geissele ACOG mount, and extended receiver rail. I also have a suppressor gas regulator on the way (for later...).

Frankly, I was just getting bored with the AR-15. I had an M4gery that just plain worked, but it went to a good home with a coworker; it was his first AR.

Sweet rifle. Smile

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
This made me think of "One Night in Bangkok" for some reason...

Oddly enough I watched the new movie with Mark D. before this post.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post