SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Input on a good Semi-auto 308 to suppress?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Input on a good Semi-auto 308 to suppress? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
Any other makes or models

JP
GA Precision
Wilson Combat's standard model has a fixed gas block, but it ordered with their adjustable gas block

FWIW, I have 2 AR10 uppers that have fixed gas blocks and I always shoot them suppressed. I have no issues.
KAC and LaRue use fixed block systems. I've shot both, know guys who have shot their rifles a lot with suppressors, no issues.

This is good to hear. Probably what I will end up doing as well.

I recall the guy that owned POF died a few years ago. Have no idea how that affected them and who runs now. I would want to know some about that.

Sig would be out for obvious reasons. If I had the money I would be looking at a G.A. Precision for sure.

On a budget I think PSA is about as good as it gets.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
If you choose to try piston, consider LWRC REPR. Mine came with 4 position gas, including off to allow retention of brass. Non recip handle which you can cycle with, and slightly more accurate as single shot.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post