SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Leupold MK5 or Trijicon Tenmile?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold MK5 or Trijicon Tenmile? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
In and effort to support optics made in the US, I need an optic for my SAGE M14 EBR build.

I really was leaning toward the US Optics TS series until I found out that line was made in CHINA!

Leupold is local and I almost feel compelled to support them due to their proximity from me. On the other hand, I have a Trijicon ACOG and it's amazing!

I'm torn between the Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x44 FFP MOA or the Leupold MK5 3.5-18x44 FFP M5C2 Mil

Any comments on either?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Trijicon website that scope is built in Japan.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I am happy with my Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18×44mm scope that I’ve had for a few years.

Because of the rifle it’s mounted on I don’t use it very much, but I like its features. I check many scope reviews and I’ve noticed that it receives a lot of attention by YouTube reviewers, and all seem to be favorable. You might want to check the reviews there yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/result...5hd+3.6-18x44+review

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that settles it...

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
According to Trijicon website that scope is built in Japan.

This. Trijicon scopes are very nice, and Japan isn't a bad place to have a scope made either, in terms of quality. Trijicon is a more American brand than most, but not as American as Leupold. So, if origin matters to you, Leupold is the best bet. If we were talking combat carbine optics, and VCOGs and ACOGs were in play, it'd be a different discussion. I have a Leupold on my AR10 "DMR", and the majority of the folks I associate/shoot with use Leupolds as well on their bolt or semi guns.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Ordered the MK5...

Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with Leupold and it's Lifetime Guarantee. I have the Mk6 3-18 and love it!

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Ordered the MK5...

I will bet that you will be satisfied and you will get a lifetime of trouble free service from it.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post