SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A perfect Weihrauch morning…UH OH...another one
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A perfect Weihrauch morning…UH OH...another one Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday morning, crystal clear sky, no wind, and since I’m currently dealing with some hampered mobility, a perfect time to break out the short-range stuff.

As Dad would have said, “Good chootin, chief”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Sir!! Excellent group.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting but that looks like more than 3 shots. Am I reading that right?

Posts: 964 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Nice shooting but that looks like more than 3 shots. Am I reading that right?

Its actually 10 but I thought that would be bragging. Just kidding...
Its 3 shots. Center bull on that target is .375, rounds are .22. It would look like more if rounds were .177.

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
.22 and two-way spring piston recoil!

How's your shoulder? Wink

Were you shooting from the bench or standing "artillery hold" ?

https://www.pyramydair.com/art...ry_hold_June_2009/63

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Always shoot springers with artillery hold. It's the only way they're accurate. In this case, I'm seated with elbow resting on bench and rifle forearm on open palm. Shoulder's fine. Butt only touches my shirt, not my shoulder.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ooooo nice 98. Smile. Good shooting. Folks who have never shot a springer really can’t appreciate the technique and skill necessary to stack them like that.

I have been shooting my .22 HW95 a bit over the last week. I was a bit rusty with her at first we settled back in. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Folks who have never shot a springer really can’t appreciate the technique and skill necessary to stack them like that.

That's a fact, but once you get it, they are fun, aren't they? Don't need a "range". Ammo's cheap. Warning though...they can be mildly addicting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. And, nice collection.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
they can be mildly addicting.

You have no idea. Frown Big Grin

Here is some recent shooting with my 95. There is just something so satisfying about shooting a spring gun whether at 60 yards or 15 yards and like you said the fact that they are so damn easy to just grab and shoot anytime really is icing on that cake.

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
they can be mildly addicting.

You have no idea. Frown Big Grin

Nice shootin, Tex...

TS1 on the rear? What's up front?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Stock globe sight. I use the circle aperture insert, the one that is blacked out except for the circle in the center. I have this setup on several of my guns and like it very much.

posted Hide Post
I've got one still sitting in a box I bought after our last conversation a year or two back. Could never decide whether to put it on the 80 or 50. Maybe I should just get another one and put one on each. Razz

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Go with the 50. It’s a nice little short range “carbine” if you will. The 80 is more a scope gun IMO.

Once you get it mounted and setup / tweaked etc. I think you will be shocked at the accuracy you can get out of that setup. This is coming from a dude who has worn glasses all his life and who has found that apparently eyes don’t get better with age…..who knew? Smile

posted Hide Post
Ok then. I'll take your advice. 50 it is. Thanks!
I'll just leave the 80 open for now for squirrels and such.

posted Hide Post
Mildly addicting? pphhttttt.
About as addicting as sex.

Posts: 964 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well…after 20 years of thinking about it, I finally relocated the door from the playroom to the garage so I could get a full 10-meter “range” set up downstairs. No more frozen fingertips over the winter. Ammo budget will have to increase a little, though.

And, since I now have an indoor range, it was only fitting to get an indoor rifle.
Meet the new addition, HW30.

This, of course, required a new family photo along with the finalized optics lineup.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You will LOVE the HW30. I would argue it’s one of the best rifles of any kind ever. I think you will be very happy with your new rifle. I see you put a TS1 on it. Super fun 10-40 yard shooter.

posted Hide Post
Well, after dumping 200 rounds in a sand bucket, and then doing a sight in, I probably should have waited a day to shoot for score but here it is. That flyer really shouldn't be there. I really liked the sight picture with circle up front but the TS1 bottomed out before I got to center so I used the skinnier of the 2 straight posts. Had to put it in upside down to shoot high enough. I'm going to try drilling a hole in the fat post and then dial it in a little more, but not today. I'm done. Oh, and you're right, I love this rifle.