SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A perfect Weihrauch morning…UH OH...another one
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A perfect Weihrauch morning…UH OH...another one Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to try drilling a hole in the fat post and then dial it in a little

I’ve not needed to but just bend the barrel a tad. It’s a fairly easy/benign process on a spring gun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I have been struggling a little as of late with the irons/been off my game a little but I pulled out an HW30 today and I am pretty happy except I threw one really bad. I totally got in my own head on that shot. It was shot 7 of a really nice group and I WAY OVERTHOUGHT IT.

It really is a mental game past like 3 shots. Once I hit like 7 or 8 in a really nice group I can be damn near a nervous wreck relatively speaking. Big Grin

I was six shots in here and feeling good.

....and then SONOFABITCH!! Big Grin

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea but I bet shots 8, 9, & 10 dropped in without even thinking about it, right? That part pisses me off as much as laying out a flyer.

Posts: 762 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
That part pisses me off as much as laying out a flyer.

Flyers don’t usually torque me off too much. If I am 100% sure it’s a flyer I will throw it out and shoot an 11th shot. The reality, however, is with H&N I RARELY have a flyer 99+% of the time it’s all me.

CPHP, which I still like, will absolutely throw flyers.

And yes 8-10 did go much better but mostly because I “JUST SHOT THE DAMN GUN” and didn’t over think it.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What are you using for a backstop?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11439 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I use duct seal. I gut a steel junction box, throw a handle on it, add some rubber feet and pack it with duct seal. My oldest is over 20 years old and still going strong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
TY. I was just creating a box for my teens pellet rifle

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11439 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I use duct seal.

Same here but I built the box out of some scrap wood. Used an old belt for a handle on the back. I print my targets on 5x8 index cards, so it's sized for that. Used a store-bought pellet trap for a while years ago but it was way too noisy even after I put rubber on it. I just stack a bale of wood shavings behind since I have them laying around for the quail cages anyway, just in case I sneeze in the middle of a shot. Big Grin

Dustbuster is your friend for all the little paper scraps that fly around.

Although, this time of year, I spend a lot of time on the deck waiting for dinner to wander through...no backstop required Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Posts: 762 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post