SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So I am going to need to purchase some 7.62 mags for
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I am going to need to purchase some 7.62 mags for Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
My PSA gen II lower.

Any suggestions?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
My PSA gen II lower.

Any suggestions?

My first preference is to give this member a shot (no pun intended). If you don't see your desire listed, send him an email or go to his website.

Link

Greg is good people and an impeccable member.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I've run numerous MagPul (10, 20 and 25 round),
a couple DPMS (10 and 20 round) and I think one Knight magazine (20 round) in my AR10 lower. None have had any feeding issues. I can run my OAL a little longer in the MagPul Gen 3 and I like the window to determine how many rounds are left/loaded. Otherwise I could recommend all of them.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the 20 round Brownells mags to keep loaded in my rifle case for my back-up / SASS rifle. They worked very well and were as cheap if not cheaper than the magpul's

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I like lancer.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used the 20 round Brownells mags

Are they metal? I am not a huge plastic guy on mags. I will use them though if no good metal options.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Lancer L7s are great, but pricey.

At half the price, Magpul PMAGs are the better value.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Lancer L7s are great, but pricey.

At half the price, Magpul PMAGs are the better value.

+1

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Brownells has SR25 pattern waffle mags in production. Great value for what they are.

I've got three old school KAC mags from the early 90's that the new owner of my SR25 didn't want. They fit fine in my Brownell's BRN-10 Retro.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Orc, if you want to try an ASC mag, shoot me an email and I’ll send you one, no charge.

I’ve got an even mix of Magpul and ASC. The ASC are a snug fit in my PSA lower. I use a Magpul 10 rd magazine for shooting from the bench.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I acquired some metal SR-25 mags over the years with the guns, but for purchased mags, I always go Magpul. I like Lancers in 5.56, but their 7.62 versions are just too expensive for me to bother with.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post