Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
I'm on the market for my one and only 5.56, this would be my do it all 5.56. I plan eventually to get a suppresor. They are both about the same price and can't decide. | ||
|
| I swear I had something for this |
Not sure what's going on with DD, but that is usually a $2,100 gun. Take the DD and don't think twice. | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
If I could only have one, and it had to be a 10.3" it would be this one: Geissele Super Duty MOD 1 5.56 NATO 10.3" Black Short Barrel Rifle (NFA) 08-523B Better Trigger - Geissele SSA-E X...MUCH Better! Better Bolt Better Bolt Carrier Better Charging Handle Better Stock Maritime Bolt Catch...Also Better! Even the Buffer Spring is Better! IN STOCK @ $1949.99 https://www.eurooptic.com/geis...el-rifle-nfa-08-523b I'd get the 11.5" version though...Also IN STOCK @ 1949.99 Seriously, I know, we all get our minds set on things, especially sexy looking ARs...BUT, don't rule out (overlook?) Geissele without checking them out first. IMO (and experience!) every part of the Geissele is a quality part, and it's simply a much better rifle than the Daniel Defense! A little backstory: I'm a lefty, and every AR-15 of mine always gets/needs a pile of upgrades as a result. The Ambi/LH parts include a Norgon Ambi-Catch, a Radian Talon Ambi-Safety, an Oversized Bolt Catch/Release (a POF Enhanced Universal Bolt Catch on forged lowers), and a Radian Raptor CH. Then there's all the 'make the gun just like all my other ARs so it works for me' upgrades, which usually includes a Trigger (either a Geissele, or a Larue MBT), a Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (again on forged lowers), a B5 Enhanced SOPMOD Stock, a Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip. I purchased a Geissele Super-Duty MOD-1 and the only thing I added to it was the Norgon Ambi-Catch...Even the Flash Hider (a Surefire SOCOM Closed-Time FH) didn't 'need' to be upgraded. Without question, the list of parts you'd consider updating/replacing, or 'need' to on a DD (and a lot of other ARs!) is quite long by comparison. I was seriously looking at a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 at the time, and then I handled a Geissele...A visit to the Geissele website a short time later to confirm some of the details and my decision was made. Geissele doesn't seem to cut any corners, anywhere, right down to the Bolt, and the CHF Barrel, which is the main claim to fame for Daniel Defense...The Geissele is simply a LOT MORE more gun for the money! More info here --> https://geissele.com/super-dut...-56mm-black-sbr.html ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Honky Lips |
I'd keep hunting for a 11.5 _____________________________________________ Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways." | |||
|
Frangas non Flectes![]() |
I'm with nhracecraft on this one. 11.5" Super Duty or URGI. DD overgasses their barrels, which, for duty use and all that is fine, but if you know you're going to suppress it, that just adds another complication for potentially needing to tune the gun around the can, depending on what you go with. That said, given the two options, I did vote for the DD, and two of my URGI clone uppers have the early DD barrels. ______________________________________________ "If the truth shall kill them, let them die.” Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon. | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
+1 For the average round count shooter, it probably wouldn’t matter. But, for a high round count shooter, the 11.5 has more dwell time and won’t chew up bolts as fast. And 11.5s usually have a nicer recoil impulse. ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
Member![]() |
The dwell time benefit of 11.5" over 10.5" is somewhat offset if you suppress the gun. Of those two, the DD will generally be higher quality and probably a better barrel. Are you certain the two uppers are equivalent? Some DDs are sold without a bolt and CH. I use a 11.5" DD as my primary go-to rifle. One thing to be aware of is that the DD tends toward being a little over-gassed, with the idea to be more reliable when dirty. However, if you're suppressing it, that means it be much gassier. On my DD upper I spent a while unhappy with until I got a Ridgeback Rhino, a much lower back-pressure can. | |||
|
| Hop head |
voted PSA. spend the extra money on a can or ammo https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/ | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
PSA sometimes has the DD on sale for $1400. Q | |||
|
| Bolt Thrower |
Lack of contracts? Check out what the DD5 is going for at EuroOptic. If I could I would be very tempted to get a DD5 16” or 12.5” rifle. | |||
|
| come and take it |
+2. I would take a PSA Sabre, but since you brought up G$ and DD I would keep hunting for an 11.5". "The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei | |||
|
| Member |
I just bought a DD MK18 on Friday. Waiting on a Surefire adapter to come in with a few other accessories.This message has been edited. Last edited by: Abn556, | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
Sooo, have you any decision(s) made yet? ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
Well I been trying to get something on sale and came across a Geissele super duty but 16 inch at a great price. I will save some money and get an 11.5 upper to complement my 16 inch rifle. | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
This. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
You did good. Congrats on your new Geissele. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| Member |
Thanks | |||
|
| Member |
I just ordered a 11.5 Geissele complete upper | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
That Sir, is a REALLY Nice combo you've put together there! Congrats on your acquisition(s)! Also, as this is your 'one and only, do it all 5.56', I hope you're aware that you can't just slap that upper on your G$ Super Duty lower receiver and head out to the range. NFA still applies until we get new guidance from the ATF post SilencerShop/Jenson. It may be a moot point depending on what guidance is forthcoming, but the ATF has also indicated that the 'Engraving Requirement' may be going away on Form 1 SBRs & SBSs anyway, so I'd hold off mating them until you've got we've got confirmation on one or both to avoid violating the finish on that Lower Receiver. Enjoy your shiny new toys! ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
Have to disagree with you here. The injunction is in effect right now, period. There is nothing in the court order that says the ATF has to provide guidance before it takes effect. If you’re in one of the covered plaintiff groups, and assuming any applicable state laws are complied with, then the ATF and DOJ are enjoined from enforcing certain specific sections of the NFA on you. Technically, the NFA still exists, however if you’re covered, you aren’t required to file a Form 1 to make a SBR, and can’t be charged or prosecuted for not having one. So, depending on meeting certain conditions, yeah you can just slap that short barrel upper on your receiver. Of course, that’s just my opinion, for what little it’s worth. Guidance from the ATF may never come. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

