SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mounting of AR15 platform into a Remington "sighting" characteristics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting of AR15 platform into a Remington "sighting" characteristics Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Okay, so, for you cavemen who've been living under a rock since '99, California has some eff'ed up gun laws we all know about. This is about the conversation which happens after everyone agrees, "CA has some eff'ed up gun laws. "

So, is there anyone who sells a stock set which allows an AR platform to have a front stock, trigger, and butt stock in nearly the same triangle as a Remington 30.06, .308, .6.5 Grendle, .223, etc?

Ie., a semi-auto Remington 700 in AR format?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm not clear on what you're asking. You're asking about both calibers and platforms, but the thread title sounds different.

Are you looking to make an AR Cali compliant? Or do you want a non-AR semi-auto rifle that is Cali compliant? Do you want a semi-auto fed from a detachable box magazine (i.e. "standard evil feature")?

You can definitely find an AR in various calibers, either an AR10 or AR15 sized receiver, and then Californicate it to make it legal. There's a whole market for AR parts just for California, so that's a plus in an otherwise dismal situation.

Looking for "featureless" AR parts is the place to start.

These guys give a rundown of some AR grips, if you can scroll through all the ads: https://www.pewpewtactical.com...7-featureless-grips/ .

Here's another place that sells Cali compliant parts: https://www.turners.com/shooting-sports-featureless .

If you want a non-AR semi-auto that looks less like an AR, you've got M1As, Mini-14s and a number of others.

I'd imagine the Calguns discussion board is a very good resource. I'm not a Californian, so the nuances of what's legal and what's not are unknown to me, but there are a bunch of people who can tell you what is and isn't legal.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when I lived in New York with similar ( and in a number of respects worse) regulations, I felt the best solution ( and still do) is an M1 garand. Being a fixed magazine gun, don’t have to worry about any features issues excellent caliber and very reliable.
I will admit the fondness for them anyway, but with practice they can be ran very fast also

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post