SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FOR 2023: "Geissele GFR Maritime RECCE and Stratomatch 6mm ARC Rifles"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FOR 2023: "Geissele GFR Maritime RECCE and Stratomatch 6mm ARC Rifles" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.thefirearmblog.com...atch-6mm-arc-rifles/

Photos in the article

Geissele GFR Maritime RECCE and Stratomatch 6mm ARC Rifles

"Geissele GFR Stratomatch and Maritime RECCE 6mm ARC rifles feature bolts made of a new Carpenter 158+ alloy which is the result of the collaboration of Geissele and Carpenter and is superior to regular 158 steel. The barrel extensions of these rifles have feed ramps specifically designed for the 6mm ARC cartridge to ensure reliable feeding. The forward assist housing on the upper receiver is moved forward to provide more room for the operator’s hand when manipulating the right-side latch of the ambidextrous charging handle. The upper receiver also features a riveted stainless steel cam pin rail that prevents damage to the aluminum upper receiver from the steel cam pin rubbing against it when the action cycles. The Maritime RECCE will come with an 18″ barrel equipped with a flash hider whereas the Stratomatch features a longer 20″ barrel fitted with a muzzle brake. The RECCE will be equipped with a new adjustable Geissele stock."

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fancy, pretentious names for AR15s.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two threads on a 6 ARC in a few days. You looking to buy one?

I think 6 ARC has great potential. Hornady's timing for its introduction was unfortunate -- early COVID. When I shoot out one of my older 223 AR15 barrels, I might consider a 6ARC chambering. Or maybe not. I do have some nice .223 barrels in the basement just waiting.

I think it's great that Geissele is backing the cartridge. I agree with Para that the rifle names could be better.

Posts: 7878 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Other than .223 Remington, its the most tempting factory load for the target shooting I might get to do in the near future.

They aren't on the Geissele website yet.

Maybe they're trying to fit "GFR MARITIME RECCE" on the fore arms in big block letters. There's a longer space for advertising on the Strato.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fancy, pretentious names for AR15s.

In a new expensive boutique caliber.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Other than .223 Remington, its the most tempting factory load for the target shooting I might get to do in the near future

I ran the ballistic comparisons between the 6 ARC and match 223 bullets not too long after the 6 ARC was introduced. Don't have my fingers on the data right now. IIRC the 6 ARC started to make a noticeable difference in wind drift around 300 yards, but I felt it wouldn't make much difference my steel match scores until 400-ish yards. The distances could be a little closer in -- my memory fades on such details.

6 ARC's increased down range energy on steel at distance should be a nice attribute for team matches of carbine & bolt action shooters. A few times I've hit plates sized for bolt actions at longer distances. In windy & hazy conditions, it can be difficult to hear or see 223 bullet hit plates at 600+ yards.

I seem to recall that your target distances may rarely exceed 300-ish yards. If this is true, 223 will likely serve you better than 6 ARC.

Posts: 7878 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
In a new expensive boutique caliber.

Maybe not so expensive.

From ammoseek on 1/31/23,

All Hornady match ammo:

.223 Remington 73gr $1.18/rd
6MM AR 108gr 1.32/rd
6MM Creed 105gr 1.37/rd
.308 Win 168gr 1.40/rd
6.5MM Creed 147gr 1.60/rd

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Kinda surprised they didn't call it the 'Super Precision' Maritime Rifle...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maritime RECCE

The whole "RECCE Rifle" thing is kind of odd, since ideally if the reconnaissance is going well, you're not shooting your rifle and hope you won't need to. So is the marketing really trying to say "it's the rifle you hope you won't have to shoot" Big Grin Wink

And doing it on the water...

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is anyone interested in discussing 6MM ARC semi-auto rifles and ammo regardless of their absurd marketing nomenclature?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like it. Perhaps you should start a thread.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post