SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help me find enclosed AR rifle boot/scabbard for ATV/motorcycle mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me find enclosed AR rifle boot/scabbard for ATV/motorcycle mount Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Kolpin doesn't seem to have one for AR's.

Hard material preferred, but soft cases are acceptable.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think the thing is to attach it to the motorcycle or ATV. Back in the day, 70’s, rural MI I had a scabbard for my Yamaha enduro. I drove all over the back roads, U.P. trapping & hunting.

The mileage was great, I could go places trucks or jeeps couldn’t.

Depending on what you get, another thought is to use a cheaper gun, if getting bounced around.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
Here's one...
AR-Pod

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blfuller:
Here's one...
AR-Pod

$300 for the scabbard & bracket. Scabbard sold out currently.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15146 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that's no fun. I was kind of enjoying the mental image of you Mad-Maxing it through central Florida traffic on your bike to go shoot the postal match Big Grin.

Posts: 8409 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Action plan: Small back roads. Outrun Aunt Karen in the turns.

If I can't find a suitable scabbard, I'll put a sock over it with two holes cut for the sling attachment points.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
Actually it is $219 and INCLUDES the bracket. The bracket is sold separately in case you want to move the scabbard from vehicle to vehicle. I suggest you contact them to see when they will be available again.

From their website...
"This kit contains the Universal Mount and all necessary hardware to fasten the AR-POD to any ATV tuberack. Buy an extra mount for your secondary vehicle."

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Action plan: Small back roads. Outrun Aunt Karen in the turns.

If I can't find a suitable scabbard, I'll put a sock over it with two holes cut for the sling attachment points.

If Karen does call the cops and you get pulled over, just start flailing you arms and screaming about how you don't want to create joinder. Most cops I know don't want to create joinder, either, so this should put them at ease. I've seen people do this on the YouTubes, and it always seems to work out well for them Big Grin.

Posts: 8409 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
If Karen does call the cops and you get pulled over, just start flailing you arms and screaming about how you don't want to create joinder. Most cops I know don't want to create joinder, either, so this should put them at ease. I've seen people do this on the YouTubes, and it always seems to work out well for them Big Grin.

Sounds like that would get you a free lightning ride.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
blfuller, great suggestion. I could carry fishing rods and reels and a trombone in that thing. Versatility is an effective selling point.

My bike has side racks, so it might mount lower than this photo example:

More like this:

fs92tech, I'll rehearse that in front of the mirror. I don't even know what 'joinder" is, but I'm sure I don't want none.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, if that's the one you want, they claim to have it IN STOCK here (w/ 2 Mounts) @ $349.99 --> https://sidebysideoutlet.com/p...5-scabbard-mounting/

Side by Side Outlet is located in Idaho Falls, ID

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8782 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

Oops. Just read, it's for 14" and 16" AR-15 and M4 rifles. I've got longer ones.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't even know what 'joinder" is, but I'm sure I don't want none.

You and me both Big Grin!

In all seriousness, that ARPOD looks like a pretty good option. Kind of discrete (better than out in the open), offers some security, and the protection from the elements is a huge plus. I need to keep that in mind for when my kids grow up and I can actually justify owning a bike again. It might also work as a viable method for mounting a long-gun to our side-by-side at work.

Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oops. Just read, it's for 14" and 16" AR-15 and M4 rifles. I've got longer ones.

I suppose you could detach the upper to get it to fit. YMMV

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was thinking a waterproof stuff sack in a regular mount. I don't know if you can get one for a rifle length, but I have one that I've stuck a few shorter ones in.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post