SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vortex Razor AMG UH1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Razor AMG UH1 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Has anyone got an opinion on this red dot? Kinda interesting, but I know next to zero about them..

http://www.vortexoptics.com/pr...zor_amg_uh-1_red_dot

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be quality - US made sight by Vortex, apparently to take some market share from Eotech with a similar form factor and reticle.

I've seen one in person at SHOT, it was nice but it's big - not especially heavy mind you, but long.

Personally for the $ I'd just get another Aimpoint Pro. I know that is a boring choice but they just work IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve only used an MRO personally, but due to astigmatism and bad eye sight... something about the holographic image helps me see better. I’ve never considered Eotech after their debacle, but I much prefer that type of sight picture over just a dot.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
new paradigm in Holographic Weapon Sights. The UH-1™ uses our revolutionary Fusion Hologram with Quantum Well Light Control”

I know nothing more about the sight than that, but what more could I possibly need to know? Roll Eyes

The true decision-makers at some of these companies should really sit down and read what their advertising departments are putting out.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've played with several examples of this sight, and I liked it a lot.
After all is said and done it is the only other true holographic (not reflex) sight on the market other than Eotech.
Showing my age here, but I'm still running 2 of the original 400 series Bushnell Holosights with build dates of 1998 on them, but when one of them dies (if that ever happens!) I'll replace it with a UH1.

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My LGS is a stocking Vortex dealer. I looked through one last weekend. I liked it a lot.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks for the replies. I have yet to see one in person.