SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Krink suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krink suggestions Login/Join 
posted
I am a bit bored and am contemplating a new project. I do not have an AK sbr and was thinking about some sort of pseudo krink project. Any suggestions for a cost effective krink project? Smart to start w a pistol ak and then convert (once firm 1 has been returned w a stamp) into a folding stock of some sort?

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If you're going cost effective, then this PSA is probably a one stop shop:

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ng-pistol-black.html

If you want something with a bit more quality, Zastava is probably the best AK for the money anywhere. They're about as high quality as the stamped Arsenals for several hundreds less.

No matter what you do, expect these guys to weigh about 7.5 pounds before you do anything to them.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
2007 Vector M92 'Krink' Factory SBR

7.62x39 8.75” bbl.

• Mfg. Vector Arms NSL UT - bought 8/22/07
Vector built these from 100% Zastava military contract unfired and unissued-condition M92 'Krink' parts kits that included the original CHF barrels. Everything except the receiver and FCG are 100% Zastava military parts.
Because Vector built the receivers, they didn't have the receiver heat treat issues of the Zastava-made M92 pistols that were imported en masse by Century Arms, nor did they have any of the derp-derp import compliant receiver markings and such.
UPGRADES:
Midwest Ind. M92 Krinkov Handguard
CNC Warrior sight rail
Magpul AK pistol grip

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Nowadays, yeah, I'd probably start with PSA.

I went with an Arsenal SLR-104UR, chopped the barrel and drilled the gas port. I managed to find one three years ago for like $1300, IIRC. Added a Bulgarian 4-piece muzzle device and an Ultimak rail.

And, assuming you're talking about a 5.45 gun...don't--unless you've got crates of the stuff stacked up. I do, but replacing it is increasingly hard and I don't foresee it ever getting better. 7.62 is the far better choice these days.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would look at the short Polish builds or Galil ACE pistols.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In a short barrel, 7.62x39 loses far less oomph than a 5.56. 7.62x39 ARs have not yet quite hit the point where you can buy one and truly expect it to be as trouble-free as the AK, to my regret and ongoing frustration.

FWIW, I would recommend a Romanian-made Cugir or the Zastava as the best options currently available for something vaguely reasonable prices. I don't know much about the more expensive options, though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
How about a Zastava PAP M85 in 5.56 I haven’t gotten around to SBRing it, I even have a triangle stock waiting.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post