SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    LWRC PCC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
LWRC PCC Login/Join 
Member
posted
No, not the misfire that was the SMG-45, but the new IC-9. Haven’t seen a lot of buzz about these, although they’ve been out 1 1/2 years or so? Not sure whether it’s the high price or bad memories of their previous PCC, but it looks like they got this one right. My overall impression is that it’s reliable, accurate, and well built. Although it looks like just another Glock magazine AR9 type, it has a different delay system than most 9mm PCCs. It uses a chamber ring delay system that has a pair of annular grooves in the chamber where the brass expands into to cause a delay in the case, and therefore the bolt, moving back. It also includes a Kynshot hydraulic buffer and a flatwire spring. I didn’t have my Scorpion with me to compare with a straight blowback, but my impression is that the IC-9 isn’t as harsh, but not quite as soft shooting as a roller delay system. The recoil feels more like a long duration push than a sharp quick thump. Ran it suppressed with 147 grain Winchester target and 150 grain Syntech with 100% reliability. I don’t reload, so I can’t speak to that, but the spent cases seem pretty smooth on the sides. There is a slight discoloration where the case expanded into the chamber groove, but it looks like any bulge was straightened out by the remainder of chamber on the way out. Ejection was pretty strong at about 4 o’clock, so the system doesn’t seem cause any extraction issues.



Fully ambi controls and charging handle, with a nickel boron bolt and trigger group. The single stage trigger is smooth and crisp, but a little heavier than I’d like it. I measured 6.5-7 pounds, which is in the middle of their wide factory range of 5.5-8.5 pounds. Other than screw type anti-walk pins and finish, it looks like a standard AR trigger at first glance. I noticed a cradle under the FCG that ends in a hoop over the rear of the disconnector, presumably to stop the hammer from beating on the disconnector, which can happen on blowback 9mm guns with a heavy bolt. Since we don’t have FRTs in FL, I don’t know if would affect putting one in, but the cradle looks like a removable part so maybe it can be left out? But it does show that LWRC put some thought in designing the gun specifically for 9mm. Comes with a 8.5” threaded barrel with a thread protector. Also available with a shorter 5”K barrel and a 16” barrel.

Feeds from Glock magazines, although I found that the included 33 round factory mag, as well as a second one I tried, was a very tight fit and required a thump on the bottom to get it to seat and lock in. That said, once locked in, the mags ran fine. Both 24 round Glock mags and 27 round Magpuls dropped free and locked in easily. I’ll probably mostly be using the Magpul mags, giving up a few rounds for the ease of insertion and dropping free. The LRBHO works well, both on the empty mag as well as manually with the bolt catch lever. Seems a lot more robust than the one on my CMMG Banshee, which doesn’t seem to want to work manually for me.

One other minor nit is the safety. Although the right side lever is shorter than the left side, I wish it was a bit shorter, or a shorter throw than 90 degrees as it hits the top of my index finger. Overall, I’m happy with it. Something a little different it the crowded world of 9mm PCCs (or PC-PDWs if you’re a purist who believes carbines should have 16” barrels ??).
 
Posts: 4004 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Disregard, now seeing the picture.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,
 
Posts: 32047 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't see any pictures.


Don’t know what to say. I see the picture. It’s imageshack, the same host I’ve been using for all of my other pictures and never had a problem. Anyone else see the photo?
 
Posts: 4004 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I see pictures.




NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
 
Posts: 10122 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I see one picture.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19280 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I don’t see color.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8034 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
I see dead people
 
Posts: 657 | Location: Long Island NY | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Nice review Dwill, thank you.
I wish I could have one but the Emir of NY says no.
 
Posts: 657 | Location: Long Island NY | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
 
Posts: 954 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    LWRC PCC

© SIGforum 2026