SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New CETME Sporter, but I don’t know what the hell im doing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CETME Sporter, but I don’t know what the hell im doing Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Just bought a CETME Sporter (not the C308).Another user was nice enough to post a smaller version of my OG pic, which is below. Is something supposed to go in this port? I didn’t notice this in the pics I got from the seller before it showed up. What’s missing here and what do I need to put in there?

Second, are there any options to take up wobble in the handguard?

Third, what grip modules can I replace this one with?

And finally fourth, I know it’s possible to add a paddle mag release to these but is there a ready made kit to install one?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Here is a smaller thumbnail of the photo. The original massive:

I am afraid I can be of zero help with the identification, though. Good Luck.

Posts: 2007 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Combination bayonet lug and cleaning kit tube.
https://www.libertytreecollect...d.asp?idproduct=2129

Either try original wood furniture or use electrical tape on the contact points. Guessing handguard, line inside front of the handguard channel where the pin goes through. Maybe a couple pieces on the rear lip that fits in the barrel trunnion.

Offhand I don’t remember how compatible grip frames and trigger packs were between the Spanish and German guns.

Tac-Latch or expensive gunsmithing.
https://hkparts.net/product/hk...tac-latch-p2791.htm/

Posts: 9953 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wobble in the handguard is part of the charm, man.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. After doing some digging, I was able to answer a good portion of my own questions, but it wasn’t easy to find. I did find those cleaning kit tubes significantly cheaper here: https://clearviewinvest.com/pr...ly-w-bayonet-adapter

I was also able to order some German green G3 furniture that I will be replacing the current stuff with.

Finally, I was able to find the parts needed for the paddle magazine conversion on RobertRTG parts website. Going to try to do the conversion myself.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I don't believe G3 furnitures are directly interchangeable with CETME, at least not without some fitting. I would recommend sticking with CETME stuff and not mix parts.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I don't believe G3 furnitures are directly interchangeable with CETME, at least not without some fitting. I would recommend sticking with CETME stuff and not mix parts.

Dont the research on it. The handguard is direct fit, pistol grip is direct fit, and for the stock, all you have to do is swap the G3 buffer for the CETME buffer, and its a direct fit as well.