SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Optic suggestions for aug
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optic suggestions for aug Login/Join 
posted
What are you fellows running on your aug rifles? I am having a hard time on this one.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's anything about the AUG that makes using one type of optic better than another. So long as the mount levers or knobs don't interfere too much with the cocking handle, there should be no problem with anything. There's no drop in the stock, relative to the top of the receiver, like on something like a 55X rifle, which might make a lower mount more advantageous, so it's whatever. Hell, even high-mount optics are in favor nowadays anyway, so it's totally up to you. That being said, who am I to tell you what optic you like?

The only thing I can say about the AUG is, depending on the optic you choose, I'd suggest getting the shortest-length top rail Steyr sells, as I felt that really streamlined things, when I had mine. Again, that's a matter of the mount interface, not the optic.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s difficult about the decision? Red dot, fixed magnification, low power variable magnification. Pick one.

I personally prefer the Corvus optic rail because of its QD sling mounts.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It lends itself to a dot but I went with a Zeiss 1-4 and I'm quite happy with that as kind of a jack of all trades optic. Doesn't mess with the charging handle though I have the folding angled one.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
ACOG. I’m also considering an offset micro red dot for up close.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Steiner 1-4x on one and a Leupold cq/t 1-3x on the other. They both have a lit dot in the center which helps me a lot and I like the little boost to my eye sight. I have had both the Aimpoint pro and an eotech 512 on them too, they are fast and easy to use. It depends on how you use your aug. The newer scopes like that Steiner 1-4x are plenty fast and have great lenses. So if I had just one it would probably be that. Enjoy your aug!

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jindodog what scope mount are you using for your Steiner?

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m running a Steiner M332 but would also use an ACOG or LPVO.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I have a T1 on mine.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McGregor, the mounts are a pair of ARMS quick release cam rings. They are very sturdy and I am happy with them.

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post