SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any idea where I can find a Knights Armament "M4 RAS" Forend assembly?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any idea where I can find a Knights Armament "M4 RAS" Forend assembly? Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
I know it's heavy and not the most modern thing and on the expensive side, but I simply want one. Trying to get my personal AR as close to my issued M4 as I can...

An hour+ of searching and I can't find one in stock anywhere... Millions must have been made, hard to imaging there aren't any out there. Any input would be most appreciated.

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
These and their M5 RAS brethren were all over eBay and the AR15.com classifieds back ~10 years ago, for cheap. (Likely "government surplus", either literally or euphemistically.)

I'd post a WTB ad. Surely there are plenty of folks out there who have one collecting dust in a drawer.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Post a WTB ad over on Ar15.com... You'll have offers by the end of the day. There's plenty of 'em hangin out in people's used parts bins after they moved to FF M-LOK rails or whatever the latest "It" rail is... Big Grin

I still like the KAC stuff having owned just about every version of their pic rails at one time or another. Currently have a Mk12 FF and multiple M4 RAS on various clones/rifles.

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Report This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Found this place and they take credit cards. Haven’t done much research on the place, but they say they’re in stock for $200.

https://weaponsandammunitions....ne-length-quad-rail/

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
There's also some on gunbroker right now.

I would avoid eBay as you'll more than likely end up with an airsoft copy made in China. Check Google to see what the fakes look like.

secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Check your issued M4 RAS panels and you'll probably see that they have the FN CAGE code 3S679. They are manufactured by P&S Products although the panels have the FN CAGE code. P&S (CAGE code 4U486) is also a current supplier for the RAS aluminum handguard itself and that's probably what you have on your issued M4.

I'd bet that P&S also makes the panels for Knight's but just puts the Knight's CAGE code 1S002 on them for Knight's, but I'm not sure.

P&S is also a supplier of the current issue M4 collapsible stock and also manufactures the stock for other companies such as Colt.

You'll probably have better luck finding a P&S RAS than a Knight's.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Report This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Found this place and they take credit cards. Haven’t done much research on the place...

Even 30 seconds of research would've revealed that place has plenty of bad reviews and has been branded a scammer site. Please DELETE your post so as not to direct more unsuspecting people there.

Dead give away: Any place selling a MK12 rail for $250 is a scam.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Yikes, $417 on operation parts for the RIS, instead of the RAS. Visually, near identical.

Apparently " RAS will fit the std M4 profile barrel, the RIS will fit the std profile M4 and also the heavy profile barrel. "

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've got one that's still new in the box. Got it at a gunshow over a decade ago.

If I'm honest with myself, I'm never going to get around to putting that on my M4gery (already installed one on my 20" rifle years ago).

I'm willing to part with it. Send me an email if interested.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oat I can’t see your email. If he does not want the rail. Let me know

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Report This Post