SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LMT MWS range report.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LMT MWS range report. Login/Join 
posted
Hello guys,

After several weeks of owning this gun, I was finally able to take it to the range today. If you remember, I debated for a while as to what optic to put on this gun. I finally settled on the Trijicon ACOG TA11 with 308 BDC and am very happy with the optic choice.

I started off at 50yds using IMI 147gr to get on paper. The gun hated this ammo. It ran well but grouped like crap. Next was 150gr Federal American Eagle. It ran well and grouped better, but the gun is not accurate with it either. After getting were I wanted to be at 50yds I moved to 100 meters. We are lucky to have 3 100yd ranges as well as a 100 meter range, so my ACOG should be dead on. My accuracy ammo was 168gr Federal Gold Medal Sierra Match Kings. I am happy to report that this gun is a shooter with that ammo. The first 5 shots at 100 meters was a little over 1” and a little high. I made a quick adjustment and she was dead on. The next group opened up just a little, but the next 2 groups were about an 1”. I shot a group with the American Eagle 150gr and it was 4-5.

I have some Hornady 168gr BTHP that I will be loading with the brass from today’s shooting and will report back as to their accuracy.

All in all, the 3.5 power of the ACOG is a good fit for this gun and did not seem to affect accuracy at all. It hates 147gr and 150gr but loves 168gr ammo. love this gun.

Groups are 5 shots each starting with the center group and ending with the horrible 150gr Federal American Eagle.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I bought one recently, too. But immediately made some changes. Bought a lightweight barrel and an LM8 chassis, and sold off the standard barrel and railed chassis. Also added a Larue MBT and a Radian Talon safety. Now I'm waiting on a deal on an Accupoint 1-8x, as well as the rail pieces for the LM8 attachment system. Then I will add my bipod and wrap this project up!

Sounds like you changed the whole gun....lol. I have a Larue MBT for this gun, but the stock trigger did well, so I may just leave it in.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keeping the sticker on in case you decide to return it??? Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Keeping the sticker on in case you decide to return it??? Big Grin

LOL....I never even paid attention to it. I just wanted to get out and shoot it. A cancellation in class today gave me the opportunity Big Grin

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Those groups are impressive with an ACOG.

A 3.5x optic makes it tough to shoot very small groups.

Nice setup you have there. Cool

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I bought one recently, too. But immediately made some changes. Bought a lightweight barrel and an LM8 chassis, and sold off the standard barrel and railed chassis. Also added a Larue MBT and a Radian Talon safety. Now I'm waiting on a deal on an Accupoint 1-8x, as well as the rail pieces for the LM8 attachment system. Then I will add my bipod and wrap this project up!

Those MBTs are pretty sweet aren't they?

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post