SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Red dot and irons for MPX SBR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot and irons for MPX SBR? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Anyone recommend a decent, but not MRO/Aimpoint level, red dot for my MPX SBR?

I'd prioritize battery life and light weight. This isn't a gun that's going to get beat to death, but something that won't break if looked at wrong is obviously desirable.

Also, although I can get some really good groups with the factory SIG irons that came with the gun, they're big, clunky and don't seem particularly great.

What are some decent replacements? Are there any out there that are actually designed for 9mm?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Also, although I can get some really good groups with the factory SIG irons that came with the gun, they're big, clunky and don't seem particularly great.

I asked SIG about the short front housing on their MPX irons when the MPX came out.

They said they could not get the post to descend far enough for a 9mm, so they had to shorten the whole housing, which is why the MPX front iron sight looks like a chopped down AR folding BUIS.

All of that is to say, you may not be able to just throw on a BUIS front sight that is meant for a 5.56.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot and have one on my MPX. They are priced around $120 and I think their quality is great. I own three of these Romeo5 red dot sights and will be buying more in the near future.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I was skeptical of the Romeo 5, but so far the one I have is great (except the mounts, they kind of suck).

Buy through Brownells on sale and you are also covered by their "forever warranty / guarantee", return it for a refund forever.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I put a RMR on mine.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a MRO on my MPX SBR, and it is OK. And I do mean just ok. Big disappointment. I have used a Romeo 5 on my MPX SBR, It was pretty intuitive. I am thinking of swapping over to a Holosun 510c. I put a 510c on my BNTGHM45 and really like it.

Here is the Holosun 510c on the GHM.

You can get 2.5 to 3 Romeo 5's for a holosun 510c, you can get 4.5 to 5 for a MRO with mount.

It is damn hard to beat the romeo 5. My Kriss vector, FM9, and a few others have romeo 5's.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it's a Sig I'd go Romeo 5. Primary Arms MD-ADS in 2nd place (I have 2 of these, they're great.)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a MRO on my MPX SBR, and it is OK. And I do mean just ok.

I can't imagine why its just OK? Maybe you could expand on that? When I don't want to invest in an aimpoint on something that's not serious (I use my MPX only for PCC) I use an MRO and I've been very happy.
I still have yet to see a Romeo 5 last very long at the matches I do. I've never seen a holosun there so no idea on those.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
I have a MRO on my MPX SBR, and it is OK. And I do mean just ok.

I can't imagine why its just OK? Maybe you could expand on that? When I don't want to invest in an aimpoint on something that's not serious (I use my MPX only for PCC) I use an MRO and I've been very happy.
I still have yet to see a Romeo 5 last very long at the matches I do. I've never seen a holosun there so no idea on those.

It has been back to for the battery issue twice. It still drifts on and off under recoil. I am getting ready to send it back a third time.

For the money and as much trouble as I have had with it.. I just don't see the point. I have had 0 issues with my 5 romeo 5's. Yeah they are not Kick doors in rated. But they fuckin work, my mro does not, or does, then doesnt.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
make them replace it. They have been pretty good to me in the past on problems. I've now probably 10 of the MRO no issues, and I don't see it on the web as a normal issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post