SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beware "Ultra Rare Steiner 4x24 with Mount for Sigarms Sig AMT 510 Rifle" on GB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware "Ultra Rare Steiner 4x24 with Mount for Sigarms Sig AMT 510 Rifle" on GB Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
"Item Description
We are proud to offer today this extremely rare German Built STEINER 4x24 Optic with Mount built for the SIGARMS AMT & 510 Rife!! This one is complete with the Original Case as shown!!"

In actuality this is an Estes Adams SIG AMT mount with an early German G3 Steiner STANAG 4X ZF scope. Estes never had an "Original Case" for his mount.

Here is a SIG factory AMT scope mount with a Dr Wöhler Kassel 4x7° scope.

Here is my Estes Adams Mount with early 4X Hensoldt STANAG scope. I received this mount complete with scope directly from Estes Adams.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP, Estes.

Still a slick setup, but I am sure it doesn't command that price. Did you contact the seller again?

Posts: 2076 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
RIP, Estes.

Still a slick setup, but I am sure it doesn't command that price. Did you contact the seller again?

Yes, I did contact them. I received no response, and they did not change their ad's description in any way.

Estes was a genius and a superior machinist. I know I miss him greatly.

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
One thing I’ve learned: when a seller has to tell you how rare an item is, it means they’re trying to scam you by jacking up the price exorbitantly.

Posts: 4447 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
This must be the one we were discussing last week, Dan.
We all appreciate you looking out for your fellow collectors and friends; and for your expertise.

You're a mensch, bud! Cool

Posts: 415 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
...built for the SIGARMS AMT & 510 Rife!!....

For clarification, it should be mentioned that the mount fits only the AMT/SG510-4. They do not fit the PE57 which is a SG510 as well.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
...built for the SIGARMS AMT & 510 Rife!!....

For clarification, it should be mentioned that the mount fits only the AMT/SG510-4. They do not fit the PE57 which is a SG510 as well.

Hello Daniel! How are you?

To follow up on Daniel's comment above, here is a PE57 scope mount:

(A German surplus G3 Hensoldt Z24 scope, with illuminator, is attached to a PE57 scope mount.)

(PE57 with iron sights raised.)

(PE57 with iron sights folded and Hensoldt scope mounted.)

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
With eight (8) hours to go the bid just hit $6425. Wow! That's double of what I paid for my AMT.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
Hello Daniel! How are you?

Hi Dan Smile
Doing fine, thanks for asking. Smile

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
With eight (8) hours to go the bid just hit $6425. Wow! That's double of what I paid for my AMT.

there are collector topics that can no longer be mastered without extensive documentation of books, catalogs, manuals and a functioning network on the subject. SIG weapons are one of these topics. whoever bids on such offers without deeper knowledge will always buy a story. I appeal to those who are interested to buy the books, even if they are very expensive and spend time on internet research to find all possible documentation. It is time and money consuming but will be worth it in the long run.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

there are collector topics that can no longer be mastered without extensive documentation of books, catalogs, manuals and a functioning network on the subject. SIG weapons are one of these topics. whoever bids on such offers without deeper knowledge will always buy a story. I appeal to those who are interested to buy the books, even if they are very expensive and spend time on internet research to find all possible documentation. It is time and money consuming but will be worth it in the long run.

Whether Colt, S&W, Walther, Winchester, SIG, etc. the advice given to me when I started is the same advice you (and I)
are giving here - buy the books first!

Posts: 415 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Three hours and 38 minutes to go, now sitting at $7525!

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Is there any information about the quantity of mounts produced by Adams?

What about the SPS Wöhler mounts? Who is/was SPS? Is there more information about their Wöhler mounts?

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there any information about the quantity of mounts produced by Adams?

What about the SPS Wöhler mounts? Who is/was SPS? Is there more information about their Wöhler mounts?

SPS was Estes Adams' company name. Look here =>
https://www.biggerhammer.net/sigamt/sps/

SIG Parts Service
Attn: Estes Adams
P.O. Box 2631
Auburn, WA 98071-2631

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I know the reference page.
I know his name and the assemblies of biggerhammer, but his connection to SPS was not known to me. I have always assumed that they are two companies.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
One thing I’ve learned: when a seller has to tell you how rare an item is, it means they’re trying to scam you by jacking up the price exorbitantly.

Amen.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2313 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post