SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Restoring precision, old school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restoring precision, old school Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
I couldn't shoot for crap with my SMLE converted to a .22 trainer. The Brits never changed the rear sight, still set for .303. Did a little research, found a solution. Added a Central No. 4 target sight [Had to remove the rear volley sight and the "dog bone']. Accuracy restored! Plus it looks cool and no one at my range has one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Neat! How does it shoot? Some groups would be interesting to see.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47361 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Neat! How does it shoot? Some groups would be interesting to see.

50 yards using Norma Tac-22. Sorry about the picture quality, I had to take the picture through my spotting scope. It's a start, going to dial it in next time. Not expecting match quality out of it, but a big improvement over the tangent sight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kz1000,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47361 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's pretty slick! I like it!

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
very nice sights,

and several companies made them for the Enfields, as basically a bolt on replacement for range rifles,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post