SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Navy .308 Garrands and a smokin M1C..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navy .308 Garrands and a smokin M1C.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Stopped at a little Gun Shop in Ohio yesterday to visit the Owner while I was in the area. He pointed out 3 Navy Garands in .308 he has for sale. One standing in its yellow VCI bag and a box containing 2 more. Be still my heart.. Big Grin. I actually did not know the CMP or from back in the day, ODCMP sold these rifles or, they were produced in any kind of numbers. If so, these are 3 rare rifles and I didn't ask Bill the price. Then there is this wonderful M1C standing there. Bill point blank stated its a $12,000.00 rifle. I know he would have tabled these fine rifles at the receant OAC Show. I did not dare touch the M1C as its just a expensive beauty. I dont believe its scope was the M84. I actually never learned what makes a C different from the D rifles. Two baby brother carbines were also among the group. One mint Winchester by golly! If a man could just hit the lotto one time. Anyone know much of the Navy .308 Garands? Where were they produced. Maybe how many?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Here's a Forgotten Weapon video on "Navy Garand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Ax8abE-Co

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That was a informative video. I corrected my spelling errors above... Confused I believe my friend is looking for extras of that little spacer part.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
While we are at it, I may as well put the links to the videos on M1C and M1D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8EEypC31M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8EEypC31M

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are in northern Ohio, you need to stop at the CMP North Store at Camp Perry. I'm not sure what is in stock now, but it's always fun to browse the racks.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Real Navy Garands are kind of pricey. Usually over 2k, at the least. There is actually an M1C on Gunbroker, just over 7k at the moment.
I personally like the Navy Mk2 mod 1 as those are barreled in 308 no spacer. Hard to find those as well.
One of my favorite rifles, Garands. Fun too.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post