SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bar Code Sticky?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bar Code Sticky? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
Just picked up my brand new CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Carbine and there is a paper sticky with a bar code and the serial number on it as seen with the red arrow in the photo below. The serial number is on the gun in several places. Is it legal to remove that annoying out of place bar code sticky?

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Yes. The real serial number is stamped/engraved onto the gun.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I just peeled mine off as well. On a side note and not to drift your post, what do you think of the grip? Any thoughts about replacing it? I ask as I got an Evo 3 not long ago. To me the grip angle and the safety selector seem like they are not engineered well, as the selector rubs my finger with the factory grip angle. It is easily fixed but am looking to get perceptions on other optional grips.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just don't tear the tag off your mattress. Razz Razz

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
On a side note and not to drift your post, what do you think of the grip? Any thoughts about replacing it? I ask as I got an Evo 3 not long ago. To me the grip angle and the safety selector seem like they are not engineered well, as the selector rubs my finger with the factory grip angle.

The poorly designed selector levers are a known issue with the Evo 3. Even changing grips won't completely solve the issue of the selector rubbing the finger of your firing hand.

Luckily, there are a large number of aftermarket options for replacement selector levers for one or both sides which won't rub your hand, from companies like Magpul, Apex, Parker Mountain, HB Industries, and a number of others. Or you can simply delete the right-sided lever altogether. I ended up going with an Apex lever on the left side, and a HB Industries Mini AK lever on the right.

As for grips, I wasn't a fan of the factory grip, especially the grip angle. Luckily, like the selector levers, there's a wide variety of aftermarket options, and install is easy. I tried a few different replacement grips before settling on the Magpul grip, which I liked the best of the 3 aftermarket grips I tried: YetiWurks, Apex, and Magpul. There are additional grip options beyond those now too.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried a lot of safeties and grips. Currently using the HBI low profile levers on both sides, and an Apex grip.

The Magpul grip is OK but you can't remove the lower with it in place. Huge fail. The Apex, Yeti, Gearhead Works, and Paske all allow the lower to be removed. The Apex is the most vertical which I like.

I like the Apex and HBI safeties. The Apex HK style are good but interfere with the factory folding arm that I was using with a Gearhead Works adapter and Tailhook Mod 1C. I'm trying the new SB drop in folder that is similar to the factory folder. It's pretty good and has a QD sling point on it as well.

The rubber cuff is like the SB mini and the arm folds but does not telescope. I think they designed it so that it would actually pass the ATF brace scoring checklist that was floated last year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Yes. The real serial number is stamped/engraved onto the gun.

That makes sense, but I figured I’d ask before removing it in todays political climate.

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Yes, I just peeled mine off as well. On a side note and not to drift your post, what do you think of the grip? Any thoughts about replacing it? I ask as I got an Evo 3 not long ago. To me the grip angle and the safety selector seem like they are not engineered well, as the selector rubs my finger with the factory grip angle. It is easily fixed but am looking to get perceptions on other optional grips.

The angle of the grip seems a little awkward, but no thoughts of replacing it yet. I’ll put some rounds thru it before I consider that. LOP seems a little short and I’m not a big guy. Might just use a rubber slip on recoil pad to give me a little more length.

The safety selector is a very poor design and every video I watched says it’s horrible. There are several after market companies offering solutions. I was going to buy a replacement as soon as I bought the gun, but decided to wait till I got it in my hands first. Yep, it hurts my knuckle, so I have already ordered the HB Industries AK Safety Selector.

---------------
Gary

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
The Magpul grip is OK but you can't remove the lower with it in place.

You can remove the lower with the Magpul grip installed. It definitely has a tighter fit, but mine comes off the gun without an issue.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Scorpion improvements:
Trigger spring kit $9
Paddle release-duckbill

I figured I would throw that out for improvements to your scorpion.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have one as well and first thing I do with all my new gun purchases is take that sticker off. I think it's more for retail inventory tracking. I think the Scorpion EVO was made with input from the aftermarket guys. There are so many after market upgrades that make this gun better. CZ is better at engineering than what this gun is out of the box.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
The Magpul grip is OK but you can't remove the lower with it in place.

You can remove the lower with the Magpul grip installed. It definitely has a tighter fit, but mine comes off the gun without an issue.

Yep. Same here. No need to remove the Magpul grip.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Mine didn’t even come with a sticker. ATF rules on serial numbers don’t even allow for something like a sticker as model, manufacturer, origin, caliber and serial number have to be engraved with certain specifications.

Since this went a little of the rails…

I have a MagPul grip on mine and love it. And I can disassemble with it attached.

I did not like the original grip at all and replaced it with an Apex which was good, but the MagPul is my favorite by far. The CZ safety is awful, so I replaced it with an HB industries AK style safety on the right side and an Apex on the left.

I SBR’d mine so I also put a Manticore Arms collapsible stock and a MagPul vertical grip on mine. Now I’m just waiting the long wait for my suppressor to get out of ATF jail so that I can make it a 2 stamp.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
When you guys are saying that you can’t remove the lower with the Magpul grip, are you talking about the trigger group that is easily removable for field stripping?

I can’t believe that Magpul would design something that would prohibit field stripping.

I put some rounds thru the gun today. At about 25 feet the gun shoots almost 10 inches low and the grip is real awkward. I might have to replace it and LOP is too short. Also had to wear a glove to keep the safety lever from digging into my knuckle.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take anything with me to shoot at. No steel plate and no paper targets. I suffer from CRS big time.

---------------
Gary

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
When you guys are saying that you can’t remove the lower with the Magpul grip, are you talking about the trigger group that is easily removable for field stripping?

Yes, that's what I experienced with the Magpul grip in the forward most position. I had it as close as possible to the trigger, you can adjust back and forth and and lock it in place with the screw.

I might give it another try after seeing these comments. Or maybe there is some variation or design changes, because I bought the Magpul grip as soon as it was first available. I'm not thrilled about how it exposes the webbing on the back of the trigger guard. Also, mine needs a rubber mallet to get it to go on, very tight fit.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
At about 25 feet the gun shoots almost 10 inches low

I do remember that I needed to nearly bottom out the front sight elevation adjustment on mine to bring POI up enough to get it to zero. But it did zero, and cowitnesses with my micro red dot zero.

That was with the lower profile original fixed sights, like shown on Pale Horse's mini-Evo, not the newer style of flip-up sights that they come with now.

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I looked at some photos and videos of the Magpul grip on the CZ Evo and the part the sticks out over the trigger guard does look like it could be in the way of removing the trigger group for simply cleaning the rifle. I’m not crazy about the extreme angle of the stock grip, but the Magpul grip isn’t something I’m going to jump on right away.

---------------
Gary

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I looked at some photos and videos of the Magpul grip on the CZ Evo and the part the sticks out over the trigger guard does look like it could be in the way of removing the trigger group for simply cleaning the rifle. I’m not crazy about the extreme angle of the stock grip, but the Magpul grip isn’t something I’m going to jump on right away.

I have an Apex Tactical grip that I’m not using that I’ll send you for free. My email address is in my profile if you’re interested.

If you’d like I can also send you a video that I just took of me removing my trigger group and reinstalling it in under 15 seconds with the MagPul grip installed. It looks like it might be in the way but it absolutely is not. I’m not sure what grip Lefty has but mine also doesn’t seem to have any sort of front to back adjustment. It would be interesting to see a picture.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I have an Apex Tactical grip that I’m not using that I’ll send you for free. My email address is in my profile if you’re interested.

If you’d like I can also send you a video that I just took of me removing my trigger group and reinstalling it in under 15 seconds with the MagPul grip installed. It looks like it might be in the way but it absolutely is not. I’m not sure what grip Lefty has but mine also doesn’t seem to have any sort of front to back adjustment. It would be interesting to see a picture.

Email coming.

---------------
Gary

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
At about 25 feet the gun shoots almost 10 inches low

I do remember that I needed to nearly bottom out the front sight elevation adjustment on mine to bring POI up enough to get it to zero. But it did zero, and cowitnesses with my micro red dot zero.

That was with the lower profile original fixed sights, like shown on Pale Horse's mini-Evo, not the newer style of flip-up sights that they come with now.

Today was the second time I’ve shot the gun. No rest and no paper targets, so I painted a red dot on a black steel plate. After bottoming out the front sight, it still shoots 8-inches low.

I can’t seem to sight the rifle in and the stock trigger sucks. What to do with these factory sights?

Below is a photo of the rear sight. Only MBUS is stamped on both front and rear sights and the rear sight has an emblem that resembles a rabbit in my photo. No other identification marks as to the manufacture of the sights.

---------------
Gary