SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    British Assault Muskets!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Assault Muskets! Login/Join 
posted
Got to talking on another board and realized I somehow ended up buying two Brown Bess reproductions within a couple weeks… just local listings at prices that made me say “yeah, I can totally hide this from the wife, just an extra tank or two of gas, etc, etc”

Got a nice Pedersoli. It was cheap, or at least below market price, and I knew they were considered good, so I figured that would be my Brown Bess example.

Then a week or two later, a Miroku showed up a three hour drive away for not just “reasonable”,or even “ good deal”, but more like “ridiculous, go grab it, and see what else they got” pricing.

So I ended up with both. Love the quality of the the Pedersoli, but I like the wood on the Miroku better. It’s just the weird trigger guard that bugs me.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have a Bess and love it. It’s an India pattern. Put The bayonet on it and it is just so lonnnnnggg

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Dad had a Miroku Bess ,
not a clue what happened to it,

got wind of a few but always was a few minutes too late,

did pic up a nice Pedersoli a few years back and have shot it a few times,

also have a Sergeants Fusil, basically a sort Bess pattern rifle that was made for Sergeants by Woolley, Fairfax and Sergeant in about 1828 or so, with period modified bayonet,
have not, and likely will not , shoot that one,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow those are gorgeous!!

quote:
Put The bayonet on it and it is just so lonnnnnggg

I stand by the fact that if you meet a home invader with a 12 gauge or tricked out AR or Glock with an MRDS etc. etc. you will likely drive off the invader or prevail in a fight………….however…….

If you come out in your skivies at o’dark thirty in a full bayonet charge screaming like a lunatic said invader will likely be at loss as they assess all of their poor life choices that led them to this clearly unfortunate point as they start making deals with Jesus above. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If you come out in your skivies at o’dark thirty in a full bayonet charge screaming like a lunatic said invader will likely be at loss as they assess all of their poor life choices that led them to this clearly unfortunate point as they start making deals with Jesus above. Smile

Reminds me of this:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Now you just have to find some rebellious colonists or Frenchmen to attack.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Reminds me of this:

HA!!!

and stolen

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Congrats, OP. I haven't looked as widely as I should, but I'm still hoping to get lucky on a Pedersoli some day.
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Now you just have to find some rebellious colonists or Frenchmen to attack.

Or find a Santa Ana with obstreperous Tejanos Yanquis to civilize. Given the international arms market (and the ongoing competition between Britain and Germany to be the sole international supplier of manufactured goods to Mexico), that's what the defenders at the Alamo faced along with the copper cannon balls.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really, really need to get a bayonet for at least one of mine!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Or find a Santa Ana with obstreperous Tejanos Yanquis to civilize. Given the international arms market (and the ongoing competition between Britain and Germany to be the sole international supplier of manufactured goods to Mexico), that's what the defenders at the Alamo faced along with the copper cannon balls.

Remember the Alamo!

Remember Goliad!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This is where I got mine….. https://www.trackofthewolf.com...spx/438/1/BAYONET-BB

They have to be fitted to each musket.

And it appears they are out of stock at TOTW.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Affix bayonet! Mount that beast next to the bed for home defense. Tally ho lads!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post