SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt 6720 experience/opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 6720 experience/opinions? Login/Join 
posted
Have a chance to purchase an older (2015) Colt 6720. What I'm being told is Colt collapsible stock, flat top rail, MBUS rear, fixed front sight and plastic handguards.
Higher round count (told 3000) but in great shape and well taken care of. Asking $500 with 3 Magpul 30 round magazines.
I did some Googlefu on the 6720 and other than the pencil barrel and basic furniture, it's a Colt and no issues. I have 2 6920's and wondering if I should add another Pony to the stable.
Worth it? Anyone have this model and can shine some insight on it? TIA

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would be all over that for $500.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong for that price. I've paid $400 on the barrel from one on it's own. I own two 6520's, a 6720 and a spare 6720 upper to swap on the black 6520. My favorite config if running optics (they feel just like the original SP1 Carbines because they basically are but flat top receivers).

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At $500 that’s a buy it immediately price. The 6720 is one of the best rifles Colt ever made.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2315 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy it.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I would definitely buy it.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought it as I couldn't pass up the price and I'm kind of a Colt snob.
Its currently torn apart waiting for a carbine length quad rail, CMC trigger, Aimpoint, Magpul stock and sling.
Trigger should be here tomorrow and the rest to follow by mid next week. Hopefully.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
I would definitely buy it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Adding a quad rail to a 6720 seems sacrilegious...adding weight to the front of a perfectly balanced rifle

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Adding a quad rail to a 6720 seems sacrilegious...adding weight to the front of a perfectly balanced rifle

You're kind of right and the plastic handguards took me back to 1986 boot but I want to be able to mount a light, sling swivel and more.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of options to do that on the FSB. I've got a handgun light on a front mount and use a Colt side-sling adapter on mine

e.g. Mossie mount from Arisaka https://arisakadefense.com/mos...ight-1913-fsb-mount/

posted Hide Post
Don’t add a quad rail to the 6720. I’d go Magpul for the mlok slots if you don’t mind the aesthetics. And the Arisaka Mossie Mount is a great option too.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2315 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's a buy now type deal. I'd whip my wallet out so fast my pants would catch fire. Magpul handguards and you're off and running.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My favorite colt.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I would have known about some of these things.
Everything is ordered with the trigger arriving last Friday and the optic today. Thursday should be the quad rail and sling.
Is what it is at this point but I'm sure it'll look and operate fine. I'm kind of a sucker for quad rails.

Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
If you decide that you want to keep the rifle light, GG&G makes a couple different mounts that attach to the front sight block. One gives you a rail on both sides, the other is a rail and sling mount.

https://www.gggaz.com/ar-15-m1...ashlight-mounts.html

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post