SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Elftmann AR Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elftmann AR Trigger Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted
Anyone have any experience (pros/cons) with the Elftmann tactical trigger, either the match or three gun? I am interested, but they are pricey, so I want some real-world hands on information before buying. Thank you!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have an ELF-SE in my Colt 9mm. Very happy with it, easy to install and just a minty trigger. Feels faster and lighter than it is.

While I can't speak directly to the models you're asking about, I do think Elftmann makes a great product.

I've got a variety of triggers in different ARs at this point. Knights, Jard, Larue, Geissele, this Elftmann, they all offer slightly different things.

The Elftmann is the only unitized trigger I've owned, and I got it because I wanted to give that idea a try. It's quite convenient. I got the ELF-SE because of the near non existent first stage and short pull/reset. My Jard is a hair trigger, and I wanted something a little less sensitive.

If the ability to adjust pull weight isn't absolutely essential, consider the model I have.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arc, no need to adjust pull weight, I will look and consider. Appreciated.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have one of their AR-10 triggers in my MATEN. Although I don't have that many rounds through it yet, the trigger is quite nice. It has a crisp break. I haven't shot the rifle at anything other than a very slow pace, so I can't say what it might be like in 3-gun, but the reset is positive, though I can't say how fast.

Like Arc, it's the only unitized trigger I've ever installed. While it should be easy, honestly, I've got enough build time on regular ARs that installing it was oddly more time consuming than a regular multi-piece trigger would have been. But that's just me.

It was very price, but it's a nice trigger.

I've also got a Geissele SD-E in another rifle and the Elftmann is pretty much on par. Little better in some respects, little worse, than the Geissele.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The best trigger for the money is the Larue MBT. My best two stage is the Knights.

Elftmann has trigger shoe options that not everyone is offering, yet. JP Enterprises maybe.

It's a good product.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. Arc, I will look into that Larue. I had forgotten about them!

posted Hide Post
I'll throw my $0.02 in....

AR Gold straight faced trigger. Awesome out of the box. And simple install.

Another option - had the recent opportunity to eval the Trigger Tech AR Diamond. VERY NICE!!! Used it for about 500 rounds and it was a solid performer.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I can't contribute much to the conversation other than I'm very pleased with the LaRue MBT-2S triggers. 2-stage.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post