SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ 712 Utility Shotgun...missed it by that much!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 712 Utility Shotgun...missed it by that much! Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Been pondering a home defense type shot gun for awhile. Not going to drop Benelli type money because it's not a gun I'm going to shoot a great deal or on a regular basis. I was looking at a Charles Daly M4 clone but what I'm reading about them the quality is piss poor. The CZ 712 Utility with a 20" barrel seemed to fit the bill nicely. Not all tacticool looking which is fine with me plus and it will still stash away nicely in the truck and travel back and forth with me to the lake place in the summer. Will keep the coyotes and wolves at bay up at the lake and dispatch tree rats that won't sit still long enough to draw a bead with the air gun. Plus could still function as a bird gun if needed.

Both guns run about $500 at PSA. So I'm surfing around the web and come across the CZ at $299 at Midway! Yikes what a deal! But the arrangement I have with my FFL is I need to call him prior to ordering and shipping a gun to him. Just the way he wants things to work. Called and no answer so I left a message. He called me back this morning and gave me the go ahead. Go back to the Midway site and it's now $449! Could it be that may be a Black Friday deal and they had just posted it early by mistake and then fixed it? I'll be watching and have my finger on the add to cart button at the ready tomorrow!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 712 Utility and love it. It even came in a hard case. I think I also paid around $450 for it from Buds. I had to chase it around awhile, since it was often out of stock.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have the 712 Utility and love it. It even came in a hard case. I think I also paid around $450 for it from Buds. I had to chase it around awhile, since it was often out of stock.

Thanks nice to hear some positive feedback. Still $449 at Midway today. I'll keep watching.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is a sale at Midway for each day this week starting 11/22 and perhaps the 712 was one of yesterday's deals?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post