SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PMC X-TAC 62 grain Green tip thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMC X-TAC 62 grain Green tip thoughts Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Do you guys have an opinion on this ammo? Good or bad or otherwise. Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I only have experience with the PMC XTac 55 gr 5.56mm ammo. Having said that I have no reservations with that ammo. It ran in all the rifles I put it in )AR carbines running carbine-length gas systems).

I would buy with confidence.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good to go. Always went bang for me.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I bought 1600 rounds of X-Tac green tip from Brownell’s on sale a few year’s ago…it is damn good ammo, very dependable as all PMC has been for me. But remember it is a green tip with a separate penetrating core and might not be as accurate (sub MOA) as other loads especially at longer ranges…would I buy it again?…hell yeah!!!…it is dependable and accurate enough (3”-4” at 100 yards all day long)…that’s my 2 cents Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I prefer PMC. You can find it cheap and it shoots well. Its good stuff!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoots well out of my Sig556 and PMC brass is very reloadable!

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post