SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR sites. EOTECH EXPS2 Green Holographic Sight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR sites. EOTECH EXPS2 Green Holographic Sight Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good info and comments here folks. I appreciate them. I haven't bought one yet. Also considering an Aimpoint now as well. I found one much less expensive, and they are made in a country I respect.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10953 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Eotech says my optic will go 1000 hours. I leave it on. Now I'm not going to run to that limit so let’s say I choose to use 60% of that to be safe. That's a battery a month.

These statements have me curious. First off, how do you leave your sight on “constantly” to need to change it once per month. This would require you to push a button on your sight less than every 8 hours to keep it on. Because the EoTech shuts off automatically after 4 or 8 hours. With that being said, if you are doing this practice, after how many days is the reticle beginning to flash? Why would you want to throw away a battery that’s half used on a monthly basis? With the low battery feature wouldn’t you be better off stretching it for two months?

There is no doubt, the Aimpoint is a much better choice for you at this point. And that has nothing to do with the battery life. Cycling the optic on at least 3 times a day is enough to chose an Aimpoint PRO

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37143 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Eotech says my optic will go 1000 hours. I leave it on. Now I'm not going to run to that limit so let’s say I choose to use 60% of that to be safe. That's a battery a month.

These statements have me curious. First off, how do you leave your sight on “constantly” to need to change it once per month. This would require you to push a button on your sight less than every 8 hours to keep it on. Because the EoTech shuts off automatically after 4 or 8 hours. With that being said, if you are doing this practice, after how many days is the reticle beginning to flash? Why would you want to throw away a battery that’s half used on a monthly basis? With the low battery feature wouldn’t you be better off stretching it for two months?

There is no doubt, the Aimpoint is a much better choice for you at this point. And that has nothing to do with the battery life. Cycling the optic on at least 3 times a day is enough to chose an Aimpoint PRO

Sold. I just picked up an Aimpoint PRO. Now to go site it in. Thx for the suggestions folks.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10953 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Sold. I just picked up an Aimpoint PRO. Now to go site it in. Thx for the suggestions folks.

Could I suggest you look at the Geissele mount for later on down the road? The Aimpoint mount is good, but the Geissele mount is bullet proof.

https://geissele.com/super-pre...pro-mount-black.html

Wait for them to run a sale. I bought all of mine in the neighborhood of $80.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37143 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Could I suggest you look at the Geissele mount for later on down the road? The Aimpoint mount is good, but the Geissele mount is bullet proof.

Thanks for showing me this. I was just looking at different mounts to see if there were better options. I didn't find this one. Looks pretty solid for sure.

FBLM LGB!

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you ever used the Larue mount? I have a few Aimpoint Pro’s and an H1 (my favorites, especially the PRO) and they all sit atop Larue mounts. I’m curious how they compare. I loves me some G$ stuff. I’m sure there will be another PRO in my future when the right sale comes along.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12948 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have used Larue stuff. Matter of fact, it’s all I used to run on Aimpoint stuff. I used the crap out of their Comp M2 mounts.

It’s good stuff.

www.opspectraining.com