SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Sauer ROMEO5 1x20mm 2 MOA Red Dot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer ROMEO5 1x20mm 2 MOA Red Dot Login/Join 
posted
I just ordered one of these sights on eBay for about $70. When I received it, I noticed that the box it came in was well made but was not the same as described on various reviews of this red dot sight. Also, it did not have the torx tool for mounting the sight on a rail mount. In addition, it had a very abbreviated instruction manual (not at all like the on line manual).

I sent a message to the eBay seller about my concerns and he replied that this sight had been remanufactured in China even though his add stated it was new. I am thinking of returning the sight to him but I will have to pay shipping.

It looks like Amazon has a factory new one for $130 which I am considering ordering.

If any of you folks have any knowledge of these remanufactured Sig Sauer ROMEO5 1x20mm red dot scopes, please let me know. If it is just as good as the $130 offering, I will keep it. I did recontact the original seller and asked him if this had the full Sig Sauer warranty. He has not answered my question yet.

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless of if it was remanufactured, and where that may have happened, it was made in China in the first place anyway. If it is not a phony Sig optic, Sig will cover it, I am sure. Take the mount off the optic, and it should say something to the effect of "designed by Sig; made in China" on the bottom.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just talked with Sig customer service. They advised that the way I described the Red Dot I received, it was definitely a counterfeit scope.

The Romeo5 scope is the one they are having the most trouble with being counterfeited.

The eBay seller I bought this from is rated at 100% by eBay. Looks like I am going to hone up my Det/Lt. skills and take these guys to the “mat”.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I'd return it. If the guy refuses, just open a dispute thru eBay. They side with the Buyer 99.9999% of the time so you should be good.

Brand new, REAL SIG Romeo5's can usually be found on sale for around $100 especially around the holiday sales. It's just not worth it trying to save a few bucks... as you've found out. Smile

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Last week we got about 8 in the shop that were on a wholesalers close out. A very reputable wholesaler so I highly doubt they were fake.
They came in just a brown box with a Sig Romeo5 sticker. I did not open any boxes so can’t say what was inside.
They usually come in the fancy grey box with colorful picture of the optic and Sig logo in the corner. Post a picture of your packaging and I can tell you if it is the same.
The prices are in line with what we had and they all sold in like 2 days.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent a message to the seller letting him know that I wanted to return the scope. I immediately received a message from eBay that they were crediting my credit card in the amount $74. A little later I received a second message that the were refunding my purchase price and tax and I get to keep the counterfeit scope

posted Hide Post
I don’t have the box with me at this time. However when I mentioned to the Sig Sauer customer service rep that it came in a black plastic snap box, he immediately stated that it was counterfeit. It sounded like they were very familiar with these items.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Last week we got about 8 in the shop that were on a wholesalers close out. A very reputable wholesaler so I highly doubt they were fake.
They came in just a brown box with a Sig Romeo5 sticker. I did not open any boxes so can’t say what was inside.
They usually come in the fancy grey box with colorful picture of the optic and Sig logo in the corner. Post a picture of your packaging and I can tell you if it is the same.
The prices are in line with what we had and they all sold in like 2 days.

Here are some photo’s of the scope I got as well as the box it came in.

It appears that this is definitely a counterfeit according to the information I am finding on the web.

Trooper Joe

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yours is much different compared to what we had.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t buy any optic or BUIS off of eBay and likely not Amazon either. Counterfeits abound.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post