SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Semi auto shotgun for bird under $1000 *** CZ 1012 winner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Semi auto shotgun for bird under $1000 *** CZ 1012 winner Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was able to look at the Beretta a300 ultima and the Franchi Affinity today. Both seemed like solid guns. I was not a fan of the synthetic a300. I would give a slight edge to the Franchi.

I’m trying to find a CZ 1012 to check out.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I was able to look at the Beretta a300 ultima and the Franchi Affinity today. Both seemed like solid guns. I was not a fan of the synthetic a300. I would give a slight edge to the Franchi.

I’m trying to find a CZ 1012 to check out.

That A300 Beretta is mostly Beretta by name only. They outsource the parts on the lower tier Berettas (I’m a Beretta fan and owner btw) and you are paying more for the name than the quality.

You could also check out Remington’s V3. Cabela’s had some new old stock on the rack about a month ago. It’ll run circles around an A300 and come back for more. Softer shooting too. The softest actually and it shoots everything but 3 1/2”. The main downside is that Remington, as we all know, has been out of business and new production/support may or may not exist as we would like in the future. The shotgun, however, is solid and hard to beat at the $550.00 to $700.00 price point.

The CZ deserves a look. I like CZ on the whole and their support is wonderful.

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
You may want to consider buying a shotgun that fits you. You will shoot it much better if it does.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
You may want to consider buying a shotgun that fits you. You will shoot it much better if it does.

Cannot emphasize the importance of this too much. Acquiring a shotgun that fit me better increased my skeet scores instantly.

ICBW, as I don't hunt, but my understanding of pheasant hunting is a S/S, O/U, or semi-auto would be equally suitable. A pump, perhaps not so much?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Remington V3. Excellent shotgun for the money and then some. Would be my 1st choice if I was in the market for an auto today, hopefully Remington starts makeing the again, soon. Browning Silver or Winchester SX4 are great choices also. I use them when I bring out new shooters. All three of these are nice reliable soft shooters and are easy to clean.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up ordering a CZ 1012 w/ all terrain package. I think got a lot of gun for $700. It should be here next week.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDTIED: I just saw you already made your decision.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don’t mind shopping used, the Beretta AL390 or AL391 are excellent guns.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I ended up ordering a CZ 1012 w/ all terrain package. I think got a lot of gun for $700. It should be here next week.

You’ll like that all-terrain package.

It’s an interesting line of shotguns. The O/U has a neat little magnet feature which prevents your shells from dropping out of the chamber when carrying the gun with the action open or loading it upright. Besides, the green cerakote helps protect a rather thin finish on the base models. I regret not getting it on our Bobwhite G2.

If the trigger is too heavy when you receive it (and it very well may be) I suggest shooting it for a bit. Then contact CZ USA and ask them for a trigger job. Our Bobwhite came back perfect after starting out with uneven, eight pound + triggers.

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post