SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA for 10/22 TD owner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA for 10/22 TD owner Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted
I was installing a Magpul Backpacker stock this evening, and lo and behold the locking block on the barrel was actually quite loose after years of use. Because of how the factory stock fits, I had no idea as the main screw holds everything tightly. It took all of three minutes to disassemble the block, clean it up, and reassemble to ensure it's tight.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ad exactly the same issue, the difference in my case is that my POI actually starts to shift randomly, I blamed the scope first till someone reminded me to check the screws.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Was there any threadlocker from the factory?

I'd put some blue loctite on it to be sure.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Looks like there could've been, but it wasn't much. I did put some on them this time.

Just to clarify, this post isn't referring to the bolts in the receiver, but to the spring loaded block attached to the barrel itself. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there known torque values?

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Spent a few minutes looking and unlike the bolts in the receiver block, I couldn't find it. The YT guide I watched just suggests snug enough to keep them from lossening.

posted Hide Post
20 in-lb I think.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post