SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for CZ Scorpion mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for CZ Scorpion mags? Login/Join 
posted
It looks like there's a few different makers for mags out there and I've read about possible issues with the feedlips on the factory mags though I'm not sure if that's a thing. Is there a make that runs better than the rest?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m fine with the original transparent factory mags. No issues, all worked fine, even one that I dropped fully loaded onto the concrete floor of my garage. Heard some fitting issues with the new CZ polymer windowed mags. Waiting for Magpul to release their mags.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any issue with the factory 20 and 30 round mags.

If the plastic feedlips bother you, Manticore Arms offers mags with metal feed lips, and they hold a few extra rounds too (32). I've had zero issues with the couple I own.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are both having good experiences I'll likely just chalk it up to rumor or mishandling for the factory mags. Thanks

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
I have factory 20 rounders and 30rd CZ polymer windowed mags. No issues at all, but I like the reinforced feed lips on the windows mags. I also have PSA's own 35rds mags and only issue I have is they're not drop free for me. Other than that YMMV.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are and have been issues with the factory mag feedlips. CZ has replaced those with issues when returned. Its a tiny fraction of the mags. The other choices are either with their own similar low % problems (manticore), or factory window. AFAIK nobody has run the magpul. But in any case I have tons of the original factory ones that have been abused no issue. But in any case the best part of these mags is they are inexpensive.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OEM 20 & 30s.

I have examples that have been loaded for 3 years without issue.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had an issue with the OEM mags or the Manticore Arms mags. Having said that, my favorite are the Palmetto State Armory 35 round mags.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Thousands of rounds with OEM 30 rounders and have No issues to report ! Waiting on the Magpuls...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
About 2500 rounds through my OEM mags with no issues. I know most people have liked the Manticore Arms ones but they have been nothing but trouble for me in my 3 Scorpions.
I'm looking forward to trying the Magpul ones too.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The feedlips on my factory 15rd mag failed and sprayed 9x19 bullets all over my safe. So far I haven't had problems with any of the 30's I've tried. I'm looking forward to the Magpul Scorpion mags releasing. I'll be trying those as soon as I can get my paws on some........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you send it (or them) back and how long did CZ take to replace?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post