SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My 10/22 Project is Complete (w/ Pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 10/22 Project is Complete (w/ Pics) Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
This recent Ruger 10/22 project began as a factory fresh Talo Model 21138 with an M1 Carbine style stock and receiver mounted aperture rear sight. Internal upgrades include a KIDD bolt and trigger unit as well as their V-Block and a few other assorted small parts and pins. The oversized Twister take-down thumb knob is by TandemKross. The scope is a Leupold FX 4x28 mounted with Talley steel rings and bases. Finally, the factory barrel was chopped to 16.5" and threaded 1/2-28 by Tornado Technologies for use with my Silencerco Sparrow. The shortened barrel, combined with the length of the can, still allows for a handy package which is surprisingly quiet with standard velocity CCI 40 gr. solids. With the bolt slapping on each shot, I would describe the sound as somewhat "mechanical" in comparison to a bolt action .22 using the same suppressor. Somehow, I'm sure grown adults shouldn't have this much fun. Big Grin

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool rig there.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the stock? That’s super nice

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Man, that really does look like fun.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Where did you get the stock?

This model comes from Ruger with M1 Carbine style wood though I'd be surprised if Ruger manufactures the stock.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks like there's at least two companies that manufacture an M1 carbine style stock for the 10/22. This one comes with two handguards, one that fits the standard sights, and a slightly more true replica that you need to swap out the rear sight for a ghost ring on the receiver.

https://www.eabco.net/M1-Carbi...dguards_p_13774.html

And then Sarco makes a standard stock and a paratrooper carbine version as well. Mixed reviews.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ruger...ith-oiler-and-sling/

https://www.sarcoinc.com/m1a1-stock-for-ruger-10-22/

Kinda tempted, myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Oh, my - that looks like a LOT of fun! Very well-done!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Occasionally I get the urge to build a Thompson 10-22, drum mag and all ... and now that I have a Franklin Armory Binary Trigger in one of my 10-22's you have stirred that urge again!

I'm not sure if I'd build it from one of my existing 10-22's or buy another Challenger and SBR it ... but it looks like it could be fun.

Picture for attention ... I haven't built it yet!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post