SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Question - Replacing Handguard CZ Scorpion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question - Replacing Handguard CZ Scorpion Login/Join 
posted
So, after a recent range trip my wife decided she wanted a CZ Scorpion to add to her small arsenal. Never being one to let the grass grow under my feet I did some looking around and in light of current national conditions I found one with a price that was not unacceptable to me online and it should be here in a week.

Unfortunately, the one small glitch is that it comes with the extended handguard and flash can which I intend to remove and replace after buying the smaller polymer handguard and flash hider.. I assume the flash can will simply unscrew from the muzzle? How difficult is it to remove and replace the handguard?

I’ve found a few YouTube videos but they have been for the normal handguard but based one what I have seen I might take it to a local gunsmith after I’ve tracked down the factory handguard and flash suppressor.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Assume this is a carbine since you posted in the rifle section?

Edit: After looking at the offerings I think you’re talking about the pistol version with the carbine length handguard and flash can.

I don’t know the answer, but will offer up that I have a carbine barrel nut wrench that I used to take off my carbine handguard on my rifle. If you’d like to borrow it you’re more than welcome to it for the cost of shipping there and back. Should be about $16 round trip.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate that and I may take you up on it.

Yeah, it is a pistol with the carbine length handguard & flash can plus a brace.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Yes, the can unscrews from the muzzle of the barrel. You will need the barrel nut tool. That nut holds the forearm on. Midwest Industries makes different lengths as I recall. I put one of theirs on my carbine. So much better than the factory version.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. I have (after a call to CZ and a "that sounds about right" response" about the parts needed) Ordered their factory polymer pistol length handguard and a pistol barrel nut. I sent an email to my local ‘Smith to see if he had the tools to do the handguard swap and I am waiting on a response. Other then the barrel nut hand handguard (and flash suppressor) do I need anything else?

posted Hide Post
The tool to remove the handguard nut is available here:

http://richstargets.com/cz_tool.html

In stock as of the date of this post.

Posts: 2 | Location: NH | Registered: September 02, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't actively follow the current state of the CZ barrel nut saga as I've done mine already (and it is a saga as there are a zillion reports of thread locker and heat and broken tools and trouble) but I think that tool is the carbine one and the OP has a pistol.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct, the link is for the carbine tool, sorry.

Posts: 2 | Location: NH | Registered: September 02, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Here's the link on the how to do the handguard.

https://hbindustries.net/store...rds-for-cz-scorpion/

2 best modifications in terms of $$ are:
1) Safety delete ($13)
2) Reduced trigger spring ($9)

https://hbindustries.net/store...orpion-evo-products/

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post